Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 04:31 PM

7,628 posts, read 6,167,069 times

Advertisements

1990...a litle late for the great "Satnaic Panic" but may hae been a few hangers on. Then again there are still people in some circles who believe all the satanic reports of that era to have been true, whin in fact, they ahve yet to prove a single one as such.

Makes for great Hollywood scripts but it is seriously getting OVERDONE!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 05:32 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,249,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
1990...a litle late for the great "Satnaic Panic" but may hae been a few hangers on. Then again there are still people in some circles who believe all the satanic reports of that era to have been true, whin in fact, they ahve yet to prove a single one as such.

Makes for great Hollywood scripts but it is seriously getting OVERDONE!!!
Don't believe in Satan or demons for that matter. Too many people use them as a good excuse for bad behavior.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:40 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,303,488 times
It's very convenient to blame bad things on a greater entity or an outside force, especially if people also believe you can "fight" the demons by sitting in church every Sunday. Sadly, humans are capable of great evil all by themselves...no other-wordly influences required.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:39 PM

4,788 posts, read 5,928,580 times
I believe so. I've had a few odd things happen to me, and lets just say that some humans have the ability to perceive what many others cannot. I love ghosts, cemeteries, and Halloween ! Give me a haunted house any day. Possibilities abound in this great omniverse of ours.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:50 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,425,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Can a house be posessed or haunted?
Absolutely. I'll call it an opinion of mine that such a thing as ghosts exist, in case my aunt was secretly rich enough to buy a highly advanced hologram machine of some kind when I was a kid. Because I definitely either saw a ghost at the age of 14 or a very convincing hologram (that put up the image of a solid-looking person - not a see-through one).

My experience didn't include anything on which I could pin a judgment of "evil" or "good" (demons, angels, etc.) though. What I saw still left plenty to interpret whichever way I chose. Still, at very very least, I'd say it's possible a house can be haunted.

Old 04-21-2012, 10:26 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,424,395 times
We have a good ghost in our home. Betty moved here when it was new and lived her the rest of her life. She died in the hospital, not here. We bought the place a few months after she died. We hear someone walking and other noises, the hall door will open when we are in another room, together, and one morning when I woke up a woman was standing at the foot of our bed. I was about to ask my wife why was she home when she was supposed to be at work, when the woman disappeared. Wife was at work. We see it as no big deal, only that it is Betty making sure we are taking good care of her home. And we are so we are sure she is happy.

Old 04-22-2012, 04:25 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,424,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasSlim View Post
We have a good ghost in our home. Betty moved here when it was new and lived her the rest of her life. She died in the hospital, not here. We bought the place a few months after she died. We hear someone walking and other noises, the hall door will open when we are in another room, together, and one morning when I woke up a woman was standing at the foot of our bed. I was about to ask my wife why was she home when she was supposed to be at work, when the woman disappeared. Wife was at work. We see it as no big deal, only that it is Betty making sure we are taking good care of her home. And we are so we are sure she is happy.
I should have added; When one of those events happen, my wife or I will say to the other, "there's Betty".

Old 05-24-2012, 12:53 PM

900 posts, read 1,708,755 times
There can be something , some energy in a house. At a friend's house , years ago , I encountered something and while I am a very logical person (I like to explain things away) , this , I cannot. It seemed to be waiting for me.
I believe something exists. Seemed this presense was only in the particular room when I encountered it. And it was strong. Hypnotic is the word.But turns out it also visited my then husband who was miles away at the time. Neither of us had ever had an experience like it. (Not that "dramatic", at least.I say I felt it was "waiting" for me , but Im really not sure what to make of it now that time has passed. Sorry I couldn't be more articulate.
I realize , especially with lack of detail it's not a convincing story , and it sounds like imagination. But if that were the case , why did my H experience it too? What is that hypnotic stuff. I smelled a bad smell , I don't think my H said he did.

Last edited by maddog1; 05-24-2012 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: additional info.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:29 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,131,134 times
I am a skeptic, but willing to conceed to supernatural explanations if logical explanations are tested and dismissed. Occam's Razor is a good rule, but it isn't absolute. I have experienced a few things that cannot be explained by logical means.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:34 PM

900 posts, read 1,708,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog1 View Post
There can be something , some energy in a house. At a friend's house , years ago , I encountered something and while I am a very logical person (I like to explain things away) , this , I cannot. It seemed to be waiting for me.
I believe something exists. Seemed this presense was only in the particular room when I encountered it. And it was strong. Hypnotic is the word.But turns out it also visited my then husband who was miles away at the time. Neither of us had ever had an experience like it. (Not that "dramatic", at least.I say I felt it was "waiting" for me , but Im really not sure what to make of it now that time has passed. Sorry I couldn't be more articulate.
I realize , especially with lack of detail it's not a convincing story , and it sounds like imagination. But if that were the case , why did my H experience it too? What is that hypnotic stuff. I smelled a bad smell , I don't think my H said he did.
Also wanted to add , my H told me first what had happened. First thing he said that night "you won't believe what happened" he was all breathless about it , adreneline. Where as I was scared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal