Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 08:37 AM

348 posts, read 471,057 times

Advertisements

For week ending 3/20, I claimed yesterday and the $300 is there this morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2021, 10:47 AM

78 posts, read 50,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mf4576 View Post
For week ending 3/20, I claimed yesterday and the $300 is there this morning.
The $300 you received this morning is not related to your certification yesterday (sunday). The $300 you received this morning was triggered by your certification a week ago.

Old 03-22-2021, 11:28 AM

15 posts, read 10,316 times
Hi everyone. Not sure if this is the best place for this or if I should start a new thread.

My wife has been unemployed since July 2020. She is also pregnant and due in late July. She exhausted her 26 weeks of UE benefits in January and is now receiving the PEUC and FPUC benefits which were recently extended until September 6, 2021. Will the 20 week NJ extension be able to be tacked on to the end of the PEUC benefits that expire September 6?

Also, I see NJ has something called unemployment while on maternity leave. Is this something she could access between the end of PEUC on September 6 and the beginning of the NJ 20 week extension?

Sorry if this has been answered before. Everyone has a unique situation and it’s hard to parse through all of the posts.

Old 03-22-2021, 11:58 AM

724 posts, read 451,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green tube View Post
The $300 you received this morning is not related to your certification yesterday (sunday). The $300 you received this morning was triggered by your certification a week ago.

It seems like a very difficult thing for people to grasp, even the ones running that tracker, the $300 today is not from the new bill, it is from the previous bill that ended on 3/13 but people still certify for

Old 03-22-2021, 12:40 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,788,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeShades View Post
It seems like a very difficult thing for people to grasp, even the ones running that tracker, the $300 today is not from the new bill, it is from the previous bill that ended on 3/13 but people still certify for
Agreed. this subject has been touched on numerous times. Next Monday will be the tell all week to see if any interruption of the $300 for wk ending 3/20.

Old 03-22-2021, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
Agreed. this subject has been touched on numerous times. Next Monday will be the tell all week to see if any interruption of the $300 for wk ending 3/20.

Doing my best to explain to people on twitter, this tracker https://www.unemploymentpua.com/arti...uctracker.html isgiving out incorrect info

Old 03-22-2021, 01:00 PM

Quote:
It's so easy to be confused.
And it doesn't help when you can't reach anyone on the phone at the DOL for an entire year, and the people running the show don't follow the posted guidelines (I was inexplicably not issued a 2nd year claim).

And somehow (I think I'm just stupid) a seed got planted in my brain that PEUC wasn't renewed. Search results are thin on the new PEUC, but robust on FPUC... and Chrome wouldn't show me any PEUC search results after 1/21/21. So, I hold the honor of being the last person on earth to know PEUC was extended through the summer. Oof.

Old 03-22-2021, 01:06 PM

Quote:
It's so easy to be confused.
And it doesn't help when you can't reach anyone on the phone at the DOL for an entire year, and the people running the show don't follow the posted guidelines (I was inexplicably not issued a 2nd year claim).

And somehow (I think I'm just stupid) a seed got planted in my brain that PEUC wasn't renewed. Search results are thin on the new PEUC, but robust on FPUC... and Chrome wouldn't show me any PEUC search results after 1/21/21. So, I hold the honor of being the last person on earth to know PEUC was extended through the summer. Oof.

Sure but someone running a tracker many people follow should understand once it is explained

Old 03-22-2021, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Sure but someone running a tracker many people follow should understand once it is explained
Yep. In late December, the Washington Post reported PEUC-13 ends on 12/26, whether you had received 13 weeks or not. That was flat-out not true... yet there it was in the 2nd most trusted (cough, cough) newspaper in the country.

Old 03-22-2021, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Yep. In late December, the Washington Post reported PEUC-13 ends on 12/26, whether you had received 13 weeks or not. That was flat-out not true... yet there it was in the 2nd most trusted (cough, cough) newspaper in the country.

Yep, so much bad info that just confuses people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment