Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2020, 01:45 PM

25 posts, read 30,075 times

Advertisements

I think it's common knowledge that the 13 week pandemic (EUC) will run out by the end of the year but are the 20 week individual state extensions for states that have very high rates of unemployment still in effect even after the New Year? I was under the impression that they are because they're separate from the 13 week EUC but looking for some kind of confirmation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2020, 07:48 PM

343 posts, read 187,380 times
we're doomed

Old 11-27-2020, 10:13 PM

114 posts, read 81,944 times
"One criteria is met and up to an additional 13 weeks of benefits may be payable when New Jersey’s rate of insured unemployment (IUR) for a 13-week period averages at least 5 percent and is 20 percent higher than the average rate for the corresponding 13-week period during the preceding two years, or averages at least 6 percent for the same 13-week period. Once EB triggers “on,” the program remains in effect for at least 13 weeks, and continues as long as insured unemployment meets these prescribed levels."

This is for NJ. To read the rest go here:
https://nj.gov/labor/handbook/chap2/...dBenefits.html

I think as long as the triggers stay on, this program should go past 12/26. But my 20 weeks ran out last week and my balance is 0.

Can't believe neither side seems to care about getting a stimulus package passed. They have no idea what it's like for people out of work.

Old 11-28-2020, 06:01 AM

32,317 posts, read 27,538,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm76 View Post
I think it's common knowledge that the 13 week pandemic (EUC) will run out by the end of the year but are the 20 week individual state extensions for states that have very high rates of unemployment still in effect even after the New Year? I was under the impression that they are because they're separate from the 13 week EUC but looking for some kind of confirmation.
Another one....

There is an entire thread that spells out how many weeks in total people can get of UI on state by state basis.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/unem...-last-run.html

If your state has high enough levels of UI it will trigger extended benefits that will give another period of benefits to those who qualify. Normally that means you must have enough credits from work benefit record somewhere.

Only persons who will be totally shut out on 31 December are those who only are receiving UI benefits due to provisions of CARES act; PUA and PEUC plus whatever else that came from federal money. Extended UI benefits are mixture of funds (federal, state and employers IIRC), and existed before CARES act, and will continue afterwards.

Those who have used up all weeks allowed (traditional UI, PUA, PEUC, and EB) and have reached total number of days allowed for their state will also be cut off.

During 2008 recession congress gave a total of over 90 days of EB benefits, but again that would only apply to those eligible to receive traditional UI benefits. Unless or until provisions of CARES act are renewed or continued past end of year self-employed, gig workers, part-time workers, etc... all will no longer receive UI benefits from federal government. States can do what they like, long as they raise funds to pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment