Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2020, 03:09 PM

27 posts, read 11,383 times

Advertisements

I've never had this happen before so I'm confused. When I log in and try to claim for the week, I get this message -- "You don't have permission to access/ CertQueueMini/ on this server." Does this mean that the server is down? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2020, 04:50 PM

91 posts, read 76,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonie671 View Post
I've never had this happen before so I'm confused. When I log in and try to claim for the week, I get this message -- "You don't have permission to access/ CertQueueMini/ on this server." Does this mean that the server is down? Thank you.
You are on the wrong page... That is the "old" one...

Go to this page and you'll see on the right side "Certify for Weekly Benefits".

https://myunemployment.nj.gov/labor/...schedule.shtml

It scared me as well, I forgot they moved it.. and they haven't mailed anyone instructions regarding the new schedule, they just must imagine everyone has the internet or a smart-phone nowadays... which I guess they do, but if they don't start paying those phones will get shut-off since folks are running out of money to pay bills

Old 05-07-2020, 05:00 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,765,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliceofice22 View Post
You are on the wrong page... That is the "old" one...

Go to this page and you'll see on the right side "Certify for Weekly Benefits".

https://myunemployment.nj.gov/labor/...schedule.shtml

It scared me as well, I forgot they moved it.. and they haven't mailed anyone instructions regarding the new schedule, they just must imagine everyone has the internet or a smart-phone nowadays... which I guess they do, but if they don't start paying those phones will get shut-off since folks are running out of money to pay bills
I don't (on smart phone LOL). I access it from computer but still that should continue to be a pop up menu every time you refresh or go to their home page. which it doesn't.. at least not for me.

Old 05-07-2020, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
I don't (on smart phone LOL). I access it from computer but still that should continue to be a pop up menu every time you refresh or go to their home page. which it doesn't.. at least not for me.
It's like they have 3 pages now, I can imagine people going nuts...

1) The original page we used to log into (the old looking blue one with tabs on the left to update DD, Phone, Print 1099, etc...) blue background, with the File a Claim at the top. (title NJSUCCESS)

2) The newer one that has the white background, same stuff listed to the left, but if you click it it will direct you to Page 1 still to update any information. (title Registration)

3) The one I just listed above....

I hope that's not too confusing lol, and I haven't even begun on the schedule...

I've always used the same browser at home just to be safe, and I hate remembering passwords heh.

Old 05-07-2020, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliceofice22 View Post
It's like they have 3 pages now, I can imagine people going nuts...

1) The original page we used to log into (the old looking blue one with tabs on the left to update DD, Phone, Print 1099, etc...) blue background, with the File a Claim at the top. (title NJSUCCESS)

2) The newer one that has the white background, same stuff listed to the left, but if you click it it will direct you to Page 1 still to update any information. (title Registration)

3) The one I just listed above....

I hope that's not too confusing lol, and I haven't even begun on the schedule...

I've always used the same browser at home just to be safe, and I hate remembering passwords heh.
i always logged into the department of labor one for my account and it took me right to the dashboard.. i think black background at the top and buttons for your account info on the left. Now when I log into from DOL it goes right to the light blue screen. They probably had to downgrade LOL Because that dashboard stuff only started within the last 2 years. They made you reregister with an email address only and new password.

Old 05-07-2020, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
i always logged into the department of labor one for my account and it took me right to the dashboard.. i think black background at the top and buttons for your account info on the left. Now when I log into from DOL it goes right to the light blue screen. They probably had to downgrade LOL Because that dashboard stuff only started within the last 2 years. They made you reregister with an email address only and new password.
Thinking the same, I always remembered the old page up until about a year or two ago... Sadly I guess I am a frequent flyer, happens when you contract via W4 and people use you up and don't renew your contracts... one reason I hated contracting.. but took whatever work I could get despite preferring W2.

I'll stay away from any W9/1099 stuff as much as possible, I know too many people that have done work for companies and got burned in the end, either short pay or currently now speaking many have not been paid for work done in February as owners of companies just went ghost-mode come Monday 3/16.

Sadly really nothing they can even do besides trying to email and call these companies, which are not answering... sounds like NJ UI. I don't know what they can do other than maybe contact the BBB?

Old 05-07-2020, 06:07 PM

27 posts, read 11,383 times
Thank you sliceofice22. I went to the "new" site and everything went perfectly, much appreciated.

Sometimes I wonder if they do stuff like this on purpose -- changing claiming times, claiming sites, and all those poorly worded instructions and questions that make you wanna pull your hair out.

It's like they want to frustrate the heck out of you so you give up! And keep all the money to themselves! I dunno.

Thanks again.

Old 05-07-2020, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Thank you sliceofice22. I went to the "new" site and everything went perfectly, much appreciated.

Sometimes I wonder if they do stuff like this on purpose -- changing claiming times, claiming sites, and all those poorly worded instructions and questions that make you wanna pull your hair out.

It's like they want to frustrate the heck out of you so you give up! And keep all the money to themselves! I dunno.

Thanks again.
No problem!

I hope you can certify tomorrow or Saturday during your entire 30 minute window (luckily there are two!) hehe.

I would not put it past them, I think they are just so decentralized from themselves they are tossing stuff together as they go and when you "wing it" mistakes are often made.

Changing the days into 1 hour blocks, now 1/2 hour windows (2x a day) is a little silly.. But if it makes things easier for them and faster for all I do not mind it...

I just feel bad because there are lots of folks out there that are receiving or still waiting for their determination letters and instructions, and sadly they will get the old instructions... You REALLY need to be on the website via computer or smart-phone and check them every single day because who knows what they will change next.. they need to pick something and stick to it eventually.

Old 05-07-2020, 06:17 PM

Quote:

Thanks again.
I've often said NJ UI isn't for the faint hearted. That's when I really started reading up on unemployment and studying this group's past threads. I always say all it takes is one wrong click to screw up your claim. And during this unprecedented occurrence that one wrong click could send you down the hole forever. Yep UI isn't in the business to give away benefits. That's why people have to learn and educate themselves so they are on even ground with UI workers and employers.

Old 05-07-2020, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Titere View Post
NJ sure as hell isn't making it easy. Add in the tax load in that state and I’m surprised there hasn’t been a much more organized “attack” on the elected officials in that state. By attack I don’t mean physical - but political.
I'm laughing out loud (cause really at this point it is laughable) and thinking if it keeps dragging on there darn well might be a revolt in downtown Trenton and that might get physical knowing the state of NJ LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment