Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2020, 07:33 AM

91 posts, read 77,133 times

Advertisements

I filed this morning and have seen NOTHING about $600. Just looks like the old crusty form, somewhat more organized because so many people obviously don't know how to read 7-8 simple questions. They couldn't make it any easier.... but are people still seeing the old crusty looking pages for certifying their weeks?

I see absolutely nothing for the $600. Never have.

Just receive the email for Confirmation, then the 2nd one when Deposit it sent... If I don't see anything by tomorrow I'll be writing to someone. Murphy needs to be ousted anyway, horrible Governor. 30+ more days of this nonsense basically means 60+ as we all know... I may not be able to go back to work, but I know many that could and would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2020, 10:41 AM

33 posts, read 55,372 times
I was getting $600 payments before and was expecting another one Monday. That one wasn't paid.

Old 05-07-2020, 10:57 AM

724 posts, read 448,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeylissabee View Post
I was getting $600 payments before and was expecting another one Monday. That one wasn't paid.

Well supposedly there was some problem, not sure anyone has received the $600 this week

Old 05-07-2020, 04:39 PM

13 posts, read 5,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeShades View Post
Well supposedly there was some problem, not sure anyone has received the $600 this week
Wow, this is getting odd. If the people who were getting it aren't, what does that mean for the people who haven't received a single $600 payment ? I'm wondering now if they'll keep their word about this. Who can say if they'll payout to everyone if weeks of checks start backing up. After tomorrow it'll be $4800 that I haven't seen a dime of. I think I'll be looking into a way to get UI on the phone or get them a letter. New Jersey is the type of state that play games when it comes money. The one thing I'm worried about is being qualified but the state choosing not pay out. But, hopefully they're just low on computer operators.

Old 05-07-2020, 04:42 PM

724 posts, read 448,943 times
It has nothing to do with word, it is federal law

Old 05-07-2020, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey.Jn View Post
Wow, this is getting odd. If the people who were getting it aren't, what does that mean for the people who haven't received a single $600 payment ? I'm wondering now if they'll keep their word about this. Who can say if they'll payout to everyone if weeks of checks start backing up. After tomorrow it'll be $4800 that I haven't seen a dime of. I think I'll be looking into a way to get UI on the phone or get them a letter. New Jersey is the type of state that play games when it comes money. The one thing I'm worried about is being qualified but the state choosing not pay out. But, hopefully they're just low on computer operators.
Same... I'm @ $4,200 now and haven't seen a penny. I've received my WBR, was able to certify this week (for last week)... but nothing in regards to the $600.

This is from the Federal Government, we WILL get it eventually... because everyone from Maine to California seem to be getting there's, even NY have received theirs... but not NJ.

Murphy is a crook, he's probably waiting for people to start buying more cigarettes since he banned flavored vaping. Guy is such a clown, 0 science or health studies and he can do whatever he wants for Big Tobacco... maybe NY/NJ should have invested in Nicotine and not Big Tobacco? They are going after it like it's freaking oil to replace all the lost tax money since nobody smokes anymore...

But regardless, I will be writing to someone if I do not see any of my $600's by mid next week, I'll give them another few days.

Old 05-07-2020, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeShades View Post
It has nothing to do with word, it is federal law
That's a good point. So they have to fix this. It's only a matter of time or a bunch of people will be angry next time they hit a voting booth.

Old 05-07-2020, 04:53 PM

Quote:
That's a good point. So they have to fix this. It's only a matter of time or a bunch of people will be angry next time they hit a voting booth.
Oh we won't even be hitting the booths, they are already getting MAIL-IN BALLOTS ready for September... and knowing the Democrats they'll make sure to throw a few out along the way to ensure they control the State...

But Vote Republican all the way, need to rid the Demonrats... and I am not political at all... I thought Christie was bad, but holy hell Murphy and his boys need to GO!

Old 05-07-2020, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliceofice22 View Post

But regardless, I will be writing to someone if I do not see any of my $600's by mid next week, I'll give them another few days.
Seems like the best course of action. I'll be waiting until the 12th. If I don't get anything by that date I'll be contacting UI in whatever way possible because people have been reaching them, they're just making it seem like it's impossible to keep down the of volume of calls. They've also been keeping the lines closed and saying the phones are down. But there's still letters and email.
One thing I do know about NJ.. they love to take their sweet time doing everything. There's been times I had to call UI and the DMV just to get them to do things I sent in paperwork for weeks ago. I almost got a ticket for a suspended license one-time because the DMV didn't check the box on the computer to show I paid my fine.
One way or another though, they'll get as much as of money to as many people as they can so they don't look bad when all this dies down.

Old 05-07-2020, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Seems like the best course of action. I'll be waiting until the 12th. If I don't get anything by that date I'll be contacting UI in whatever way possible because people have been reaching them, they're just making it seem like it's impossible to keep down the of volume of calls. They've also been keeping the lines closed and saying the phones are down. But there's still letters and email.
One thing I do know about NJ.. they love to take their sweet time doing everything. There's been times I had to call UI and the DMV just to get them to do things I sent in paperwork for weeks ago. I almost got a ticket for a suspended license one-time because the DMV didn't check the box on the computer to show I paid my fine.
One way or another though, they'll get as much as of money to as many people as they can so they don't look bad when all this dies down.
I got a ticket in Sayerville once from some A-Hole hothead Sgt during rush hour for "obstructing traffic" during grid-lock, nobody was moving and I was in a Right Lane Exit Only Lane (going over the Raritan Bridge near the Strip Club that burned down)... You don't know it is an Exit ONLY lane until you see the sign, someone waived me in as I used my blinker, I waved back, and within 5 seconds an unmarked Sayreville Sgt pulled me over in a lot... Gave me a bunch of crap, wound up writing me a seat-belt ticket... absolute prick because I WORKED in Corrections for my County at the time and he said "I should understand".

He botched the #'s on the ticket, I couldn't pay online, I had no time to go down there to pay the thing, wound up with a late-fee for a $45 seat-belt ticket, they tacked on another $40 or so.. I had to go there in person and pay at the desk.. complete BS... If the #'s he had given me worked I would have paid on time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment