Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2020, 11:35 AM

30 posts, read 27,482 times

Advertisements

I got 2 notices of interview in the mail today. I've already collected 2 checks, is this normal?

The backstory is that I had just started the job I was working at and after 1.5 weeks was let go because of Covid 19. On my app, I stated this. On the previous job which I had left 3 months earlier, the company and I agreed I was going on an independent contractor for programming for them. After little to no work, I started my most current job which only lasted 1.5 weeks before the covid layoff. Now, after already collecting 2 checks. I get 2 different notice of interviews. One is about the company that I went on as an independent contractor. They said I quit and this is a 601A interview. The second one doesn't list which company is contesting, but this one says something about my application and being discharged and there being a question raised. This one mentions 602A interview. Can someone shed some light on the issue and why I have 2 interviews?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2020, 12:40 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,765,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmanpoker View Post
I got 2 notices of interview in the mail today. I've already collected 2 checks, is this normal?

The backstory is that I had just started the job I was working at and after 1.5 weeks was let go because of Covid 19. On my app, I stated this. On the previous job which I had left 3 months earlier, the company and I agreed I was going on an independent contractor for programming for them. After little to no work, I started my most current job which only lasted 1.5 weeks before the covid layoff. Now, after already collecting 2 checks. I get 2 different notice of interviews. One is about the company that I went on as an independent contractor. They said I quit and this is a 601A interview. The second one doesn't list which company is contesting, but this one says something about my application and being discharged and there being a question raised. This one mentions 602A interview. Can someone shed some light on the issue and why I have 2 interviews?
because you have separate issues with 2 different employers that they have to determine separation cause. 601A is voluntary quit and 602A is fired/discharged willful misconduct.

Search 601A and 602A on the forum and read through through the numerous threads to get an understanding of the process and know what you should and shouldn't do in. Chyvan has guided many people in this situation and what NOT to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment