Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2020, 02:36 AM

2 posts, read 597 times

Advertisements

I trust all are healthy and happy.

I’m in the creative business/
Field here in Los Angeles.
My unemployment insurance award was
Initiated, benefit amount, claim beginning 3.22.2020 and ending date 3.20.2021.

Now I just received a ‘additional instruction’ letter from Edd regarding a prior insurance claim and benefits cannot be paid in new claim unless I worked
As an employee oct 2018- oct 2019 and earned 1,300 or 900.

My residual earnings covered that.

But since it’s back to back there’s another stipulation.

Does anyone understand lag period, ‘work’ requirement and this word” remuneration and subsequent?

From what I’m
Gathering self employment is also consider rates satisfactory during the lag period.

What is lag period the space between the beginning and ending of my claim, the dates they are asking me .

Is it the ending date of my last claim and the beginning of this new claim?

Is gig work(essential ride share driver)
Considered self employment?

This is some things I found on Edd website:

While only earnings in covered employment may be used to establish an award, any and all compensation as an employee may be used to satisfy the earnings requirement for clearing the lag period test of Section 1277

if an individual has performed any personal service as an employee or self-employed individual during the test period for which he received remuneration in any amount, the second condition for clearing the lag test is satisfied.

For example, in P-B-156, the claimant received sufficient residual wages during the test period to meet the earnings requirement of Section 1277. Although he had not worked in an employer-employee relationship during the 52 weeks following the effective date of his prior claim, he had earnings from self-employment during this period. In ruling that the claim was valid under Section*1277, the Board said:
". . . The Department’s regulation 1277-2 which was adopted to implement and interpret the "work" requirement of Section 1277 included self-employment. We believe this was a correct interpretation and . . . hold "self-employment" does satisfy the "some work" requirement of Section 1277."

2. Residuals, holding fees, reuse fees, etc. may satisfy either requirement. 3. As provided in Section 1277 of the Unemployment Insurance Code, if the claim you are filing is a "back-to-back" claim (a claim for a period subsequent and consecutive to your initial claim), you must have either (1) performed some work (i.e. worked at least one day in "covered employment") during the subsequent base period; or (2) you must wait until the earnings for the subsequent claim do not include earnings from your last employer for the immediately preceding claim (approximately 4-6 months).

New back to back claim began March 22nd 2020
Which according to (2) qualifies within the 4-6 months. Oct 5th 2019- March 22 2020 is 5 months and 17 days.

Waiting for subsequent claim? Huh?

I would certainly
Appreciate any insight

This is stressful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2020, 02:39 AM

2 posts, read 597 times
Btw I’m asked to mail proof of earnings, the trick question is it’s asking for ‘dates worked’ but residual earnings doesn’t require an active employer/employee relationship or to attend a workplace, residuals are earnings from past work. Proof of earnings should include ‘dates worked’?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
View detailed profiles of: