Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2020, 06:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,592 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am hoping someone can provide some clarity on this situation as I cannot get through to talk to someone on the phone.

So I filed an unemployment claim, got my determination. It all looked fine, but when I certify my weeks I get this notice Open Non-Monetary issue. I look Determination Status and see there is a Pending Adjudication, Misconduct, Poor Job Performance. Pending Adjucation and Add additional docs under status.

Now this isn't for my last job at all. I worked my last job for over 6 months and left due to the shutdown with this Coronavirus pandemic. My last employer, I worked for 3 weeks about 3 months prior to my last job. I had the misfortune of starting this job 1 week after my fathers funeral, due to dealing with that, I did not even pass training for my new job and was let go.

I was a Temp Agency employee, working for a company that was working a contract for the us government. As I never passed training, I never ever knew who my direct supervisor was in all of this. Since this wasn't my last job, but rather a job I worked in the past year am I at risk of losing these benefits? How long does this process normally take? Given the current situation, I don't think they will have an adjuration for a long time. Do I have anything to worry about? I don't really know how this whole thing works in depth, I was on unemployment once and everything was very smooth.

I am still certifying, 4 weeks so far, I think I'm past my ability to even file again. I'm going to continue to do so though.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I appreciate any help to shed some light on this and maybe provide me with additional information on how long this can be in limbo, is it indefinite or is there a statute of limitations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2020, 03:17 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,960,190 times
Keep filing because if you get approved they may pay you for those weeks. Now if not approved there's still the Federal program to consider. Check aand see if there is a Michigan Facebook page. I'm sure there are people with the same issue.

Old 04-18-2020, 06:47 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,155,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick_Tracy View Post
Hello, I am hoping someone can provide some clarity on this situation as I cannot get through to talk to someone on the phone.

So I filed an unemployment claim, got my determination. It all looked fine, but when I certify my weeks I get this notice Open Non-Monetary issue. I look Determination Status and see there is a Pending Adjudication, Misconduct, Poor Job Performance. Pending Adjucation and Add additional docs under status.

Now this isn't for my last job at all. I worked my last job for over 6 months and left due to the shutdown with this Coronavirus pandemic. My last employer, I worked for 3 weeks about 3 months prior to my last job. I had the misfortune of starting this job 1 week after my fathers funeral, due to dealing with that, I did not even pass training for my new job and was let go.

I was a Temp Agency employee, working for a company that was working a contract for the us government. As I never passed training, I never ever knew who my direct supervisor was in all of this. Since this wasn't my last job, but rather a job I worked in the past year am I at risk of losing these benefits? How long does this process normally take? Given the current situation, I don't think they will have an adjuration for a long time. Do I have anything to worry about? I don't really know how this whole thing works in depth, I was on unemployment once and everything was very smooth.

I am still certifying, 4 weeks so far, I think I'm past my ability to even file again. I'm going to continue to do so though.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I appreciate any help to shed some light on this and maybe provide me with additional information on how long this can be in limbo, is it indefinite or is there a statute of limitations?
Every time you file for benefits, every employer in your base period is notified, as their account can be hit for some or all of the UI Tax charge. Employment agencies are notorious for contesting and challenging every notice they receive. Losing this job is not going to be an issue, as you should have enough earnings with your most recent job to purge that disqualification.

We will need to know some type of specifics on the separation from the most recent job:

What was the specific reason you listed on your initial application?
What do you mean you "left due to the shutdown"?

The "Add additional docs" is a strange one, and could be related to an identity issue.

Keep certifying, it should resolve in a matter of weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment