Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2020, 09:08 AM

172 posts, read 71,576 times

Advertisements

today i finally get to go on and claim my weeks for unemployment benefits (last 2 weeks) when i started on the first weeks it had the standard questions, one of them was if i had worked or did i earn any money on the week off, i clicked on no, after i hit submit for all questions it said that that question was incorrect because i had stated in my application that i was "seperated" from my job after that date

so basically is telling me that i HAVE to say i worked in this week/earned money

i did not work, in my application i did state that i was still a part time employer, but i did not earn anything because there have been NO assignments available for me in the last 2 weeks.

I dont want to put something in there then find out i messed up later on, should i just say i did work/earn that week? does it give me a option next to state how much i worked or earned that week if i click i did?

Its either that or contact costumer support, which of course its impossible to get thru.

Anybody in florida have any advice for me? i never used the florida system before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2020, 10:53 AM

177 posts, read 133,526 times
I am in the same boat as you here in Florida with Connect. Took me FOREVER to finally get through my application on that crappy website. It told me to check back in a week. I did. It asked if I had worked the first week I applied for. I said no. Then the next page it asked if I had looked for work and I said yes, as I had looked online to see what was out there in case I lose my job. It then took me to a page to fill out (required by the way) the places I had applied, names, dates, etc. I did not go to CareerStep or go to any places, I had just looked online. So then it said it was required to provide that I was actively looking for work.

Governor DeSantis made an order that the one week wait period would no longer take effect as well as not having to be actively looking for work or be with CareerStep due to Covid.

I just dont know what to do now. It is all a big joke. If you have any suggestions for me I would appreciate it.

So frustrating to say the least.

Old 04-30-2020, 09:49 PM

2 posts, read 1,587 times
Same with me. i sent in about 5 CONNECT emails and also filled out a paper appeal explaining what happened, No response from anyone yet. i wanted payment for the week beginning 3/15, but the site wouldn't let me request it. i must have put on my application that i was working during that time,,,well yes, i was employed, but didn't earn ant pay as i did not work any hours. i finally gave up. How can an agency get by without having anyone available to help with these issues? the site tell you to call and the phone recordings tell you to go to the site.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:23 PM

172 posts, read 71,576 times
mine was found ineligible because i did not have enough on the base period, however i did speak with a house representative and it seems the PUA is kicking in, only problem is, if you were found ineligible before april 5 you have to reapply, once you reapply (i did 3 days ago) and are again found ineligible, you will now be prompted in the CONNECT profile to apply for PUA.

From what she told me, PUA is alot quicker than just the regular UI.

It also seems that they only update your status once a day. So if you wake up in the morning and have a specific status, thats what you got for the rest of the day.

Old 05-01-2020, 08:02 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,810,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiecarbone View Post
mine was found ineligible because i did not have enough on the base period, however i did speak with a house representative and it seems the PUA is kicking in, only problem is, if you were found ineligible before april 5 you have to reapply, once you reapply (i did 3 days ago) and are again found ineligible, you will now be prompted in the CONNECT profile to apply for PUA.

From what she told me, PUA is alot quicker than just the regular UI.

It also seems that they only update your status once a day. So if you wake up in the morning and have a specific status, thats what you got for the rest of the day.
Yes that was the intention of the PUA program. Unfortunately a lot of people applied weeks back who weren't eligible for regular UI and states hadn't received guidelines yet for DOL on the implementation of PUA. Thus the delay. Things should roll a lot quicker now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment