Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2020, 03:13 PM

153 posts, read 73,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaade View Post
nice attitude! that truly bites. ya. i think it's just taking time for stuff to work out with all these adjustments they are having to do. and so far, from what i'm reading around, i think texas is doing a semi better job? what do you guys think? comparatively? the activities i'm seeing in my account sorta kinda make sense. except i'm still falling thru the cracks lol. i'm seeing what they are trying to do. hopefully they keep fixing things and not leave some of us with these unique circumstances behind. we were told we would be helped too. help before we drown would be nice. what good is a life vest to a dead man.

it does feel like a bit of a mess still though.. i'm glad they are the ones that are trying to fix all this and not me lolol
i'm glad they are the ones that are trying to fix all this and not me lolol

Truer words were never written!

Yeah, as screwed up as this is, some people are getting the money. And we will, too, eventually. And, yeah, from what I read many states are even more screwed up than ours - and basically not communicating with their claimants at all. Yes, it could be worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2020, 12:57 PM

bumping - hoping someone that has experience with Texas UI can please respond

Old 04-18-2020, 01:24 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,158,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polka Dot View Post
W-2 employee, clean lay off due to CV-19. 1st claim = $0 due to monetary issues (was part-time employee for 8 months of 2019, transitioned to full-time the beginning of 2020), 2nd claim (new benefit year) approved. Spoke with TWC, gave me PUA for 2 weeks (paperwork seems to indicate longer than that as it's ending 4/12), regular IU for 13 weeks from what I am figuring. Jaade suggested after the 13 weeks I would be entitled to PUA again per correspondence she received from TWC, which I am actually fine with since my weekly isn't very much to begin with.

So, Skipito, not sure why I only get 13 weeks on regular UI and wondered if you could weigh in as to why it's not 26 weeks. Thanks!
OK - I think I figured your situation out - kind of guessing based on not having exact numbers.

Your WBA hit the minimum threshold. In these cases, your number of weeks are reduced to keep the WBA above the programmed minimum.

I need the dates of those prior claims, but your situation sounds like we've got monetary issues, separation issues and Texas' usual ineptitude all mixed into one.

Now, it really depends on what program you're on for this particualr claim period as to whether or not you're eligible for the FPEU extension after this claim.

You're going to have to lay out the following:

First Claim dates (begin/expire)
New/Current Claim dates (begin/expire)
Earnings by quarter going back 18 months. (both W-2 and 1099)

Old 04-18-2020, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipito View Post
OK - I think I figured your situation out - kind of guessing based on not having exact numbers.

Your WBA hit the minimum threshold. In these cases, your number of weeks are reduced to keep the WBA above the programmed minimum.

I need the dates of those prior claims, but your situation sounds like we've got monetary issues, separation issues and Texas' usual ineptitude all mixed into one.

Now, it really depends on what program you're on for this particualr claim period as to whether or not you're eligible for the FPEU extension after this claim.

You're going to have to lay out the following:

First Claim dates (begin/expire)
New/Current Claim dates (begin/expire)
Earnings by quarter going back 18 months. (both W-2 and 1099)
PM'd you with the details. Thank you!

Old 04-18-2020, 05:33 PM

Thank you Skipito! Appreciate your help!

Old 04-20-2020, 11:50 AM

352 posts, read 778,670 times
How long has it been taking to process new claims for you?

I was furloughed March 15 and applied March 30 .. Got all of the correspondence and packets april 6. Requested payment last week on Wed April 15.

Payment status says

Amount Deposited 0.00
Reason for No Payment:TWC is reviewing your claim to determine if we can pay you benefits. If we need additional information, we will contact you.

So how long does it take for them to process. I've never done this before

Old 04-20-2020, 12:58 PM

8 posts, read 4,433 times
My household had one regular unemployment claim and one self employed. Regular was filed March 27 and approved within days, money ready on first request date. Self employed was filed March 29 and has been a complete cluster. Are you self employed? Do you have a statement of benefits and wages and a determination letter in your correspondence inbox from them?

Old 04-21-2020, 07:46 AM

So to update my situation (in case it helps someone else), I did not get any $ yet as per the TWC rep stated last Wednesday that I should see in my account by Friday.

I called the automated #, Tele-serv, for the 1st time and the message there told me they were waiting on my former employer to respond. This didn't make any sense to me since my DUA claim (1st claim that was originally filed as a regular UI claim, denied due to monetary issue, converted by TWC to a PUA/DUA claim) was already approved (Determination of Benefits received last Friday, 4/17, verbally approved both claims 4/15 by TWC rep) and the same employer would have had to already agree to that claim as being a lay-off due to Covid-19 in order to be approved.

So, I called one of the backdoor #'s found on FB and after a speedy (3 hours on hold!), I spoke with a rep. Pointed this out to them and was told they were waiting on the "investigator" to okay it. I think by me calling it sped things up, because a few hours later I was sent a Determination of Benefits on my regular UI claim (2nd claim).

Now both my claims have been approved and the wait (hopefully short) begins on getting my $$'s. Already been a month now, so am more than ready to get funded.

Last edited by Polka Dot; 04-21-2020 at 08:32 AM..

Old 04-23-2020, 09:07 PM

So I was cruising the TWC FB page and several people mentioned there was a system update this evening. Logged into my account and sure enough, I got my 1st payment. Regular UI plus the mythical $600. FINALLY!

BTW, a family member that went under regular UI got her 3rd payment with the $600 add on today.

Happiness.

Old 04-25-2020, 11:00 AM

143 posts, read 88,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polka Dot View Post
So I was cruising the TWC FB page and several people mentioned there was a system update this evening. Logged into my account and sure enough, I got my 1st payment. Regular UI plus the mythical $600. FINALLY!

BTW, a family member that went under regular UI got her 3rd payment with the $600 add on today.

Happiness.
That's awesome PD. just seeing this. i'm still fighting to resolve my issue. i've so far been able to contact a couple of people from TWC that said they are trying to resolve it somehow. i mean it's better than nothing.

so that's it for yours? it's all fixed now and it will continue to pay out like it should or are you still having to monitor it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment