Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2020, 09:44 PM

143 posts, read 88,566 times

Advertisements

Just an FYI. Saw this on Twitter. They must have just released it. They did say it would start today. Nothing for me

They didn’t give much more info so this is all I got. Just wanted to share in case someone is wondering or searching the site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2020, 10:15 PM

153 posts, read 73,407 times
I looked on the TWC FB page and a few posters are reporting they got it as well. Looks like it's happening. TWC has stated it would start 4/12.

Old 04-12-2020, 10:28 PM

64 posts, read 43,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaade View Post
Just an FYI. Saw this on Twitter. They must have just released it. They did say it would start today. Nothing for me

They didn’t give much more info so this is all I got. Just wanted to share in case someone is wondering or searching the site.
Did texas people see the 600 when they claimed

Old 04-12-2020, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polka Dot View Post
I looked on the TWC FB page and a few posters are reporting they got it as well. Looks like it's happening. TWC has stated it would start 4/12.
I wonder if it’s in batches or everyone at once. Forgot about their FB page. Thanks for the reminder. I’ll snoop there too.

Old 04-12-2020, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcrumidy View Post
Did texas people see the 600 when they claimed
From what I am reading in the FB comments, yes.

Old 04-12-2020, 10:31 PM

Kind of OT, but interesting. Here's a copy and paste of a letter received from TWC by a poster who was a gig worker that states the minimum per week and the method required to raise the minimum if you otherwise qualify to do so (emphasis added):

TWC is coordinating with the federal government and working diligently to begin paying benefits under these new programs as soon as possible. The additional $600 in benefits should be paid automatically as a part of your regular benefit payment effective in the week beginning April 12. When TWC has systems in place, we will begin to take claims for those programs.
When it comes online, the new PUA program temporarily expands the UI program to apply to the self-employed, contract workers, 1099 employees, gig workers, etc. whose unemployment resulted from the pandemic. Claimants for PUA with no wages on file will get the PUA minimum which is $207 per week plus the additional $600 per week. To increase this benefit amount, you will need to submit documentation to prove your income for the 2019 year. If you have filed your tax return for 2019, please submit that. Otherwise, you will need to submit proof of your most current wages along with your 2018 tax return.
You may submit this information to:
Fax: 512-936-3250
Mail: Texas Workforce Commission, P.O. Box 149137, Austin, TX 78714
Email: San Antonio UI Mail sanantonio.uimail@twc.state.tx.us

Last edited by Polka Dot; 04-12-2020 at 10:53 PM..

Old 04-12-2020, 10:36 PM

Quote:
I wonder if it’s in batches or everyone at once. Forgot about their FB page. Thanks for the reminder. I’ll snoop there too.
LOL You'll have to wade through a lot of angst and moaning, but many useful nuggets of info can be found.

Old 04-12-2020, 10:49 PM

Thank you so much for posting this. That’s great info. From what I can understand , if we don’t contest for more they expect to send pua 207 and 600 if approved for disaster aid qualified non traditional applicants. Here’s the new chart for ref. It says benefits will reduced under pua .. I wonder what that’s about jeez.. the maze is never ending.. https://www.twc.texas.gov/files/news...nefits-twc.jpg

Old 04-12-2020, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Thank you so much for posting this. That’s great info. From what I can understand , if we don’t contest for more they expect to send pua 207 and 600 if approved for disaster aid qualified non traditional applicants. Here’s the new chart for ref. It says benefits will reduced under pua .. I wonder what that’s about jeez.. the maze is never ending.. https://www.twc.texas.gov/files/news...nefits-twc.jpg
Yeah, I ran across that last week. I think it's referring to the fact that the $600 drops off late July and then only the $207 (for example) is payable weekly until the end of the year.

Old 04-12-2020, 11:02 PM

I wonder why they don’t post these replies according to our applications in our inboxes. There must be an automated way for them to do this. Anxiety is thru the roof because of what’s going on. It would calm us down. It’s better to know one way or another so we can properly put our affairs in order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment