Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2020, 08:56 AM

60 posts, read 52,584 times

Advertisements

I filed 3/17 and certified 3/29 and still haven’t been paid, it says pending. I had an overpayment last year but it was paid from my taxes in full. I got the packet in the mail last week and everything seems fine there but I’m not sure why I’m still waiting. Help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2020, 09:32 AM

1,314 posts, read 1,175,589 times
You’re going to need to list a lot more details.

Old 04-07-2020, 10:07 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,224,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrshernandez8 View Post
I filed 3/17 and certified 3/29 and still haven’t been paid, it says pending. I had an overpayment last year but it was paid from my taxes in full. I got the packet in the mail last week and everything seems fine there but I’m not sure why I’m still waiting. Help!!
This is a side question, but how do they "overpay" someone? I'm a little nervous that if my claim is approved and I start getting benefits, they could back at a later date saying they made a mistake and ask me for the money back, which I will gave already used on bills.

Old 04-07-2020, 10:28 AM

Filed online due to covid (Job shut down)
Certified online (web cert still says pending)
My benefit amount changed on the website (it updated from the last time I was receiving benefits)
My claim balanced also updated and increased
My last payment date still shows the last payment that was made to me last year
I already have the debit card so I didn’t receive a new one
I got the letter with my account number, benefit amount, and wages per quarter dated 3/30/20 a few days ago
The website says to check back after 4/12 for new weeks to certify

Not sure what’s going on, I understand that there’s like 7492710374918481084 claims in CA right now but I don’t understand why everything has updated but my payment.

Old 04-07-2020, 10:31 AM

83 posts, read 112,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrshernandez8 View Post
Filed online due to covid (Job shut down)
Certified online (web cert still says pending)
My benefit amount changed on the website (it updated from the last time I was receiving benefits)
My claim balanced also updated and increased
My last payment date still shows the last payment that was made to me last year
I already have the debit card so I didn’t receive a new one
I got the letter with my account number, benefit amount, and wages per quarter dated 3/30/20 a few days ago
The website says to check back after 4/12 for new weeks to certify

Not sure what’s going on, I understand that there’s like 7492710374918481084 claims in CA right now but I don’t understand why everything has updated but my payment.
You have to certify on 4/12 then it’ll release the payment and it’ll update. You don’t get paid without certifying

Old 04-07-2020, 10:51 AM

I certified on 3/29 for the first time

Old 04-07-2020, 10:57 AM

13,177 posts, read 21,328,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scal2010 View Post
This is a side question, but how do they "overpay" someone? I'm a little nervous that if my claim is approved and I start getting benefits, they could back at a later date saying they made a mistake and ask me for the money back, which I will gave already used on bills.
You lied and said you were laid off which triggers an immediate approval and payment. Turns out you were fired which leads to a disqualification. The amount paid because of your lie has to be paid back (plus penalties). It's an over-payment.

You were unemployed, got anew job finally, worked on Thursday and Friday at new job, you didn't report the work on your weekly certification because you mistakenly thought you reported it when paid. The two work days lead to being overpaid for that week. The extra money becomes an over-payment.

You were fired. Your employer didn't respond to unemployment's inquiry. You told unemployment (you took the call) why you were fired and why it wasn't misconduct, you were awarded benefits, your employer received the notice of award and saw what you said, they appeal and tailor their evidence to dispute everything you told unemployment making you look like a idiot because they knew your defense, you lose the appeal, you lose a BOR review, the amount paid has to all be repaid back to the state. That's an over-payment.

Do you need more examples?

Old 04-07-2020, 03:57 PM

My overpayment came from actually reporting what I was paid instead of my gross, it wasn’t a lot like $200 in overpayments and they took it from my tax return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment