Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2020, 12:10 PM

79 posts, read 29,239 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. Does anyone know this additional 600 that starts 4/5. Is it automatically deposited 4/5 even though its a Sunday. Or after claiming weekly it will deposit with current unemployment weeklydeposit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2020, 12:30 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,156,456 times
Right now. Who knows. Rumors are that when you certify 4/5 it will be there in some states.

Old 04-02-2020, 12:37 PM

29 posts, read 38,534 times
In the state of Kentucky we were told that the $600 will be a separate check to your weekly benefit and for us it begins on March 29th.

Old 04-02-2020, 12:53 PM

79 posts, read 29,239 times
Ky48 did you recieve it started on the 29th by you?

Old 04-02-2020, 03:01 PM

29 posts, read 38,534 times
Im still in the employer protest process (11th day), If approved, I claim my check April 5th.

Old 04-02-2020, 03:54 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,980,118 times
I posted this in another thread but I'll repost it here in hope people get a better understanding of what to expect and why:

LISTEN UP!

The $600 is a federal funding and is not coming out of individual State's unemployment trust funds. State unemployment trust funds do not have reserves to cover the $600 per claimant the federal government premised you. So, States will not be paying you that money until Uncle Sam makes it available to them. Right now, access to that money is expected to start becoming available tot he States at the end of this week. Until such time, it' by the charity of the State if they are willing to front the money and get reimbursed by the government later. But if the State is also on financial thin ice, don't expect them to willingly pay the money until they have it in their own hands. Depending on how much is being released to each State and whose first in line, will determine when you get you freeking money!

Old 04-02-2020, 05:33 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,766,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
I posted this in another thread but I'll repost it here in hope people get a better understanding of what to expect and why:

LISTEN UP!

The $600 is a federal funding and is not coming out of individual State's unemployment trust funds. State unemployment trust funds do not have reserves to cover the $600 per claimant the federal government premised you. So, States will not be paying you that money until Uncle Sam makes it available to them. Right now, access to that money is expected to start becoming available tot he States at the end of this week. Until such time, it' by the charity of the State if they are willing to front the money and get reimbursed by the government later. But if the State is also on financial thin ice, don't expect them to willingly pay the money until they have it in their own hands. Depending on how much is being released to each State and whose first in line, will determine when you get you freeking money!

Rabritta, Amen! States will be racing to the start gate to get in line.. hopefully practicing the social distancing 6 feet rule. LOL

That being said is your recommendation to wait to file if you normally wouldn't qualify for UI (person exhausted 26 weeks/benefit yr expired mid Jan 2020) until states have implemented and updated their systems to accommodate PUA or try to wade through the claiming system now? I thought maybe giving states (specifically NJ) opportunity to possibly tailor the online claim process might be more advantageous. Your thoughts on it? I am trying to advise friends/family in NJ who fall into this category and/or those whose claims have been exhausted and were supposed to start jobs that are no longer in play right now due to COVID19.

P.S. I sure miss Chyvan's advice and expertise. I hope the group allows her back on the forum. The two of you always have point on no BS advice.

Old 04-02-2020, 07:47 PM

343 posts, read 186,108 times
What happened to Chyvan?

Old 04-02-2020, 07:54 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,980,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
That being said is your recommendation to wait to file if you normally wouldn't qualify for UI (person exhausted 26 weeks/benefit yr expired mid Jan 2020) until states have implemented and updated their systems to accommodate PUA or try to wade through the claiming system now? I thought maybe giving states (specifically NJ) opportunity to possibly tailor the online claim process might be more advantageous. Your thoughts on it? I am trying to advise friends/family in NJ who fall into this category and/or those whose claims have been exhausted and were supposed to start jobs that are no longer in play right now due to COVID19.
Truthfully, this is so far outside the norm for unemployment I'm not sure what people should be doing. If a person's unemployment is due directly to Covid-19, waiting an extra week or two until filing systems have caught up to the new requirements, won't cause any loss of money. However, many people were living for the moment and have no safety net so they are desperate, panicking and on the verge of being a pauper so they want money now, Now, NOW. I'm sure all due will ultimately be paid, but I suspect that those who wait until the system is designed to process it under the new procedures will get paid all the extras quicker and faster.

Old 04-02-2020, 07:54 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,156,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
Rabritta, Amen! States will be racing to the start gate to get in line.. hopefully practicing the social distancing 6 feet rule. LOL

P.S. I sure miss Chyvan's advice and expertise. I hope the group allows her back on the forum. The two of you always have point on no BS advice.
I would certainly claim anyway. A few states sure have it worded like you have to be denied for regular UI to trigger the PUA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment