Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2019, 11:57 AM

525 posts, read 349,553 times

Advertisements

Next week will be the last week I will get paid. What happens after next week and I am offered a job but I reject it for any reason? Will I still have to write a work search after the last week of unemployment? Can I do what I want to do after unemployment like stop looking for jobs? If I don't get a job by the time unemployment is over, I decided to work until next year. So what happens if I get offered a job after unemployment is over and I tell them I can work until January? Can I do this without unemployment being able to do anything about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2019, 12:23 PM

14,493 posts, read 31,296,357 times
When you're not collecting UI, you can do whatever you want. UI rules will no longer apply to you.

Old 11-24-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyvan View Post
When you're not collecting UI, you can do whatever you want. UI rules will no longer apply to you.
Starting when exactly? The day after I get my last payment?

Old 11-24-2019, 01:29 PM

14,493 posts, read 31,296,357 times
Your claim forms have a date range. After the latest date on very last claim form you submit, you don't have to do anything. It doesn't matter if it takes them a month to send you your final UI check. It's all based on the dates on the claim forms.

Old 11-24-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyvan View Post
Your claim forms have a date range. After the latest date on very last claim form you submit, you don't have to do anything. It doesn't matter if it takes them a month to send you your final UI check. It's all based on the dates on the claim forms.
It says it begins on 8-25-19 and ends on 8-22-20. Why would it take them a month to send me my last payment if they pay every week for 14 weeks as long as I am claiming unemployment and doing the work search? If the claim ends on 8-22-20 does this mean I have to continue looking for work and submitting a work search after submitting my last work search which will be next week? If I don't get a job offer before claiming and submitting my last work search next week, I plan to accept a job offer but my starting date when they ask me will be until January the 2nd. Can I do this based on whej my claim ends?

Old 11-24-2019, 03:53 PM

13,179 posts, read 21,352,783 times
You are beholding to unemployment for the periods that your certifying period covers. So, if you very ;last claim ends next Tuesday, at 12:01 am on Wednesday, you are free to do what you want, how you want, when you want. Once you past the last day of available claim payment, unemployment couldn't care one bit about you anymore. They don't care if you look for work or not. They don't even care if you're alive.

The one year date on your unemployment claim means you have one year to use the benefit before it gets wiped away even if you didn't use it all. But if you have been claiming regularly and the balance is hitting zero, even if you still have six months left on the claim, if the money is exhausted, you're done and they are done with you. You have no more requirements and free to do as you please. Not sure why this is so hard to understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment