Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 09:59 AM

32 posts, read 92,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyvan View Post
YOU do NOT know what the employer put down. You only know what the UI worker put down.

Just like in the other thread where that woman swore she was fired. She probably was told that she was fired, but missing work can just as easily be turned into a quit with a higher bar to requalification (at least in NJ) so that's what the UI workers do to claimants.

If this were true, you wouldn't have been denied the first time around.

The "vendetta" I have against you is that you think you are totally blameless and that your employer and the UI people are out to get you.

You told the story. I think you did something wrong by not going to work, and I'm not surprised that you're having problems and are going to have to "work" to get your UI.

Then you split your thread to separate your earlier story to try to reinforce your narrative that you're some innocent victim.

No I was denied the first time because I didn’t have knowledge of what was going on, but the difference between then and now is that NOW I have a clearer understanding. And if u read my very FIRST post on TGIS thread you would have seen that I mentioned that I have another thread with the FULL story . FYI if my family member is Sick or in need of urgent care, I’m LEGALLY allowed a certain AMOUNT of days to call off within , THEIR POLICY. And ur making no sense at this point , how could missing work on 2 completely DIFFERENT dates, that was APPROVED (not back to back ) lead to a quit ? Without some type of conversation between the employer and the employee? THE ONLY Reason why I included that piece of information was to have an INSIGHT on why I would be NEEDING a phone interview, and to get information on what my phone interview was going to consist of.. this was BEFORE I received the letter stating that I was considered a “voluntary employee “. I THOUGHT this was the place was to get HELP , NOT for someone to try and stick their fingers down my THROAT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2019, 11:42 AM

14,500 posts, read 31,066,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jthunt View Post
how could missing work on 2 completely DIFFERENT dates, that was APPROVED (not back to back ) lead to a quit ? Without some type of conversation between the employer and the employee?
Because you're not getting it. Ask someone that was delivering pizzas and their car broke down and then got "fired." Those people get "quit" determinations too because the employee's car is not the responsibility of the employer.

Just like your kid and your requirements to be able to work around your kid aren't the responsibility of the employer.

Quote:
Issue 004 601A- Voluntary leaving
Deny Effective 12/30/2018- 12/31/9999
Did the claimant voluntarily leave employment ? This evidence shows that the claimant voluntarily left work due to personal reasons since the employer did not have the ability to control such conditions or acts . The claimant left work voluntarily without good caus attributable to the employer the claimant is ineligible for benefits 12/30/2018 and will be determined ineligible until she meets the eligibility requirements.
This is what you got. So, if you wanted some modified schedule because of your kid, and the employer couldn't offer you one or make your kid better, then this can absolutely be treated as a quit by the UI people.

No where in this determination does it say your employer said you quit and why. You need to learn about a "constructive quit."

You're in IL and dealing with IDES but you throw around EDD which is for CA people. You are so inaccurate that I can't believe a word that comes out of your mouth anymore, and I don't want anyone else trying to waste time helping you when you can't keep your story straight.

Old 02-10-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyvan View Post
Because you're not getting it. Ask someone that was delivering pizzas and their car broke down and then got "fired." Those people get "quit" determinations too because the employee's car is not the responsibility of the employer.

Just like your kid and your requirements to be able to work around your kid aren't the responsibility of the employer.

This is what you got. So, if you wanted some modified schedule because of your kid, and the employer couldn't offer you one or make your kid better, then this can absolutely be treated as a quit by the UI people.

No where in this determination does it say your employer said you quit and why. You need to learn about a "constructive quit."

You're in IL and dealing with IDES but you throw around EDD which is for CA people. You are so inaccurate that I can't believe a word that comes out of your mouth anymore, and I don't want anyone else trying to waste time helping you when you can't keep your story straight.
Your taking one peice of information and running with it ! I never needed any schedule to be modified, why are you pulling things from your behind ? People are ALLOWED to make mistakes , they aren’t perfect as you seem to WANT to be , I was reading stories prior to me writing my OWN, and mistaken EDD (Employment Development Department) at the BEGINNING ( as anyone new to a process would easily mistaken ). You not wanting someone to help me is SELFISH. Obviously CHYVAN if someone is ASKING FOR HELP THEY ARE NOT A PROFESSIONAL. If I didn’t need it and UNDERSTOOD EVERYTHING PERFECTLY, I wouldn’t be on here .

Old 02-10-2019, 12:58 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,066,943 times
If you wanted help, you'd have accurately told your story and kept it all in one thread. You didn't make any mistakes. You just want people to tell you what you want to hear.

Old 02-11-2019, 06:08 PM

478 posts, read 417,755 times
Quote:
No I was denied the first time because I didn’t have knowledge of what was going on, but the difference between then and now is that NOW I have a clearer understanding. And if u read my very FIRST post on TGIS thread you would have seen that I mentioned that I have another thread with the FULL story . FYI if my family member is Sick or in need of urgent care, I’m LEGALLY allowed a certain AMOUNT of days to call off within , THEIR POLICY. And ur making no sense at this point , how could missing work on 2 completely DIFFERENT dates, that was APPROVED (not back to back ) lead to a quit ? Without some type of conversation between the employer and the employee? THE ONLY Reason why I included that piece of information was to have an INSIGHT on why I would be NEEDING a phone interview, and to get information on what my phone interview was going to consist of.. this was BEFORE I received the letter stating that I was considered a “voluntary employee “. I THOUGHT this was the place was to get HELP , NOT for someone to try and stick their fingers down my THROAT.
No. You're not entitled "legally" to any number of days.

Also, if you have a prayer in any kind of hearing, you need to remove the chip from your shoulder and learn how to ****.

You say "I did not quit, they stopped scheduling me"

Then, ****.

If that was indeed the case, the truth will prevail. If you continue to run around with your "evidence", you'll just get the story convoluted.

Old 02-11-2019, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex Ranger View Post
No. You're not entitled "legally" to any number of days.

Also, if you have a prayer in any kind of hearing, you need to remove the chip from your shoulder and learn how to ****.

You say "I did not quit, they stopped scheduling me"

Then, ****.

If that was indeed the case, the truth will prevail. If you continue to run around with your "evidence", you'll just get the story convoluted.
Your correct , the truth WILL PREVAIL.

Old 02-11-2019, 10:10 PM

478 posts, read 417,755 times
Quote:
Your correct , the truth WILL PREVAIL.
*you're.

Exactly my point. Say as little as possible.

Old 02-13-2019, 03:01 PM

2,702 posts, read 2,764,323 times
You have to understand how the system works.

You get NO SYMPATHY for screwing anything up.

That's the way it is.

Old 05-12-2020, 01:53 AM

3 posts, read 9,077 times
I am having the same issue and hoping to get answers or help. In my case, my employer told another person to relay the message to me to contact HR. Once I contacted HR they said I maxed out on my hours and was being “let go”. FYI - I was employed through a temp service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment