Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2018, 02:52 AM

2 posts, read 1,190 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Yesterday I received a Notice of Determination regarding my eligibility for benefits on 10/28/18.

====================
You left your job voluntarily with (job) because of working conditions. Evidence indicates that the conditions had a substantially adverse affect on you. You exhausted all avenues to resolve this situation.

Evidence indicates that your reason for leaving constitutes good cause attributable to the work. You are eligible for benefits

====================

This is what it said on one side and it was approved by a deputy. On the upper right corner it says Right of Appeal and that it needs to be sent within the 7 days.

Now, when i turned the page around where it tells me appeal rights on reverse, I received another paragraph of information like :

===============================
R.S. 43:21-5 Disqualification for Benefits

An Individual shall be disqualified for benefits:

A - for the week in which the individual has left work voluntarily without good cause attributable to such work, and for each week thereafter until the individual becomes reemployed and works eight weeks in employment, which may include employment for the federal government, and has earned in employment at least ten times the individual's weekly benefit rate, As determined in each case.

Note: for separations occurring prior to 7/1/10, individuals are required to work only four weeks and earn six times the weekly benefit rate.

===============================

So..what's going on here? Am I eligible or do I have to do something else? I know I can go online and sign up for appeal and explain the whole situation again on what happened at my job.

Reasons for leaving (resigning from) work

- Lack of Work
- Boss (CEO actually) has too many conflicting situations. He's notorious for a lot of things--for example: he did not pay me for my hours worked on the last week.
- Other co-workers Harassing me for no reason.

And the list goes on. Therefore, if there's anything else I need to do for this letter, I'd to move along with it and get it done immediately. Help is very much appreciated. Also I like to point out that I can still claim benefits (which i did on the 18th of November 2018).

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2018, 06:27 AM

14,500 posts, read 31,087,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lex View Post
You are eligible for benefits
You do NOT need to appeal. You are wasting your time overanalyzing things.

However,

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lex View Post
Reasons for leaving (resigning from) work

- Lack of Work
- Boss (CEO actually) has too many conflicting situations. He's notorious for a lot of things--for example: he did not pay me for my hours worked on the last week.
- Other co-workers Harassing me for no reason.
These aren't very good cause reasons to get UI. If the employer appeals, you're in trouble. Cross your fingers that they don't, but just the same, watch your mailbox. You wouldn't want to miss something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment