Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2018, 08:21 PM

26 posts, read 21,637 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I have been at my employer for about 9 months. 3 months in, we had gotten a new boss. For one reason or another I feel like I am being targeted at work. Every little thing they find goes to an immediate write up. Late 1 minute to work, miss one little thing in your job, etc...

Now a little backstory. In the summer time through one of the supervisors told me that before the exiting of the previous boss, he told me he was looking to write up stack people. He told me his mentality was "move them up or move them out". Why do I mention this you ask?

I work for a contracting company and the supervisor told me that they were either looking to eliminate my shift or find 5 people to get rid of to improve the bottom line. So again, I suspect they are trying to write up stack me to fire me.

I have 2 write ups so far for personal reasons.

Today I was called and told that my duties were "not up to par", and there will be a "meeting" tomorrow so I suspect that another write up is on its way. So now that leaves 1 more.

I just never know when they are coming because these people do not know how to communicate. Instead of being a decent F'in human being and being a good leader and telling you, hey this or hey that, they just go right to a write up. What do I do here if they push me out? I have a strong suspicion that this is what they are doing and it's being done on purpose. I just am preparing for the worst case scenario if they do fire me and unemployment needs to become an option. Thanks for any and all information!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2018, 08:52 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,083,682 times
You avoid anything that appears to be "misconduct connected with the work."

The one-minute late to work - do NOT ever do that again. tardiness is too easy to prove, and it's clearly misconduct. If you want to fight this battle, then YOU are the one that's required to prove that your tardy was so unavoidable that it would have happened to anyone. It's just too much work - being on time is easier.

Missing things in your job - not so much.

Before you sign the write up, get HELP so that you don't say anything to convert "inability" into "misconduct," or lay the foundation to make "misconduct" become "inability."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment