Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2018, 01:04 PM

1 posts, read 291 times

Advertisements

Hi y’all,

This is the most helpful website I’ve been to lately so I figured I’ve give it a shot.

I am a student and I have been on unemployment on/off for two years. I was laid off from Sears and had a hard time finding work. I collected between jobs and everything was fine, I would just reopen my claim if I needed to. In July, they told me all my benefits had been paid out. I reapplied for benefits because I am almost done with school and cannot have a full-time job. I came back from an internship and got a letter stating that i had a telephone interview. I waited and they never called, and they made a decision based on the information I provided. I could appeal, but I missed the deadline.

I found a part time job but only get 6-10 hours a week, so I tried to reopen my claim in October. I am still able to certify for benefits, I get the paper every week, and I got a customer account number. I “emailed” them and asked what was going on. One person said I had a phone interview, and another told me the decision had been made. I don’t know what else to do other than just go to an unemployment office because I cannot seem to get through on the phone.

Has anyone experienced this, and if so what did you do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2018, 01:12 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,131,723 times
You're asking the wrong questions.

WHY were you denied? What does the letter say? All the words please with citations to the statutes.

After we determine that, WHAT do you want to be the best outcome, and what would be something you can live with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment