Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 06:32 PM

28 posts, read 67,768 times

Advertisements

Thank you for your help Chyvan!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2018, 06:47 AM

20 posts, read 10,951 times
Hi Chyvan,

I finally got my phone hearing date its for 11/19/18 at 12:30 PM.

This issue stated is Citation Of Law, but like I said previously I'm appealing my "availability" I have submitted the notarized enrollment verification from the school showing no active classes or enrollment. Any advice of what my defensive arguement should be.. This is what the letter says for issue type.

Issue(s) to be Heard: Citation of Law

Old 10-26-2018, 12:50 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,193,862 times
Just go with what it says on your denial, and disprove what it says, and prepare accordingly.

Old 11-19-2018, 11:07 AM

Well I just had my telephone hearing. Answered all questions that were asked and at the end stated my testimony with the evidence provided. The ALJ said normally decisions take about 4 weeks to determine however he’ll try to process this and I should be informed of a decision the end of next week. Not sure if that’s a good or bad thing however I’m assuming the worst, and expecting to be denied. Regardless of the outcome thanks for your help.

Old 11-19-2018, 07:40 PM

819 posts, read 576,737 times
I think you will be approved. It would be hard for the ALJ to justify upholding a decision to deny you benefits for being unavailable due to school attendance when you never attended school.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:44 AM

Turns out I was denied. Appeal disposition states affirmed on my UI online account. So much for two weeks to decide. Pissed off for letting it go this far. (3months just to be denied.) Guess there’s no point in further appealing now.

Thanks anyway.

Old 11-20-2018, 02:34 PM

You need to read the decision before you decide to give up.

You say you answered all the judge's questions. You should have been TELLING him what the questions were. The only way you got denied was because you were passive. The whole point was that you were denied for being in school when you never went. There is no way that decision is correct UNLESS you were duped at your hearing and didn't speak up.

Old 11-20-2018, 04:45 PM

Correction on my previous post. I looked at the dates that say ineligible and it’s for the week 8/26/18-9/1/18 only as of today. I’m assuming this means for this specific week they found me unavailable.

Can you be found eligible for benefits but ineligible for specified weeks? I’ve had unemployment before about 7 years ago However, back then my claim was easier and approved easily. I never had to appeal or go through this process before so this is new to me.

Old 11-20-2018, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzkitty5685 View Post
Can you be found eligible for benefits but ineligible for specified weeks?
Yes. If you didn't look for work for ONE week, then you don't get benefits for that ONE week. Doesn't mean that you'll never get benefits again. When you want to look for work again, then you REopen the claim, and start collecting again.

With the new information, you might very well be eligible for benefits for all weeks except that one.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:44 AM

Hey guys! Just wanted to update you that this morning I received a determination in my UI inbox and I was approved for benefits excluding two weeks which they found me ineligible for not adequately seeking employment. Payment status has been processed and states paid. I’m so excited. Now I just have to wait. Thank you CHYVAN for all your help & guidance I truly couldn’t have done this without your assistance. Wishing you lots of love and a very Happy Thanksgiving! ��
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment