Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 12:10 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,107,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZ17 View Post
I had been with this company (the claim I'm filing now) for one year before getting fired.
This is exactly what I asked you, and you said, "no," and provided this tidbit. Does this mean that you've only had one job in the past two years?

Quote:
viewed as evasive or viewed as an unwillingness to cooperative with EDD
It might be, but so what. It can't be used against you. A decision will be made with the best available information.

I personally think you have TWO or more employers' wages in your base period, and you're not spelling things out. When you have wages from multiple employers, multiple interviews are necessary to make sure you've purged any possible prior disqualifications based on those past employers. It may or may not be ok to take the call if you know why it's necessary. If you're clueless, then skip the call so that a decision is rendered and then fix things on appeal so you tell your story correctly. When you don't know why EDD is calling, they'll get you to say things wrong because you don't know what they're listening for or what the "correct" answer is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2017, 02:42 PM

11 posts, read 50,984 times
So I skipped the 2nd phone interview that was scheduled and the interviewer left me a voicemail stating that I could call back and speak to him no later than Monday and that if I didn't that they would have to make a decision based on the information that they already have.

Old 05-20-2017, 02:46 PM

Oh and yes, I did a have previous employer within the last 2 years, however it was more than 18 months ago, and I think I remember something on the application asking about jobs or UI claims within the last 18 months.

Old 05-20-2017, 03:40 PM

So are you saying that you worked, had a 6 month gap (did you get UI?), then worked a year at this new job?

Old 05-21-2017, 12:00 AM

Yes, I worked, had more than a 7 month gap (during which I did collect a full 6 months' worth of UI), and then worked again at a completely different job for a year. The UI I got the first time was a breeze -- my employer told me they would not contest my claim, and apparently they didn't because it was not a hassle like this claim is because my more recent employer has this 3rd party (TALX) that's trying to fight my claim on their behalf.

Old 05-21-2017, 12:07 AM

Here's the thing, you have a 2nd-year claim issue on top of everything else. You've done yourself no favors in not disclosing that there was another claim. You probably have base period issues where wages have aged away. Could be that you shouldn't have applied when you did. You need to now talk about wages by quarter into the past. You'll need your prior monetary award to determine which quarters of wages have been used already, and what's left over to build a claim on.

Old 05-30-2017, 03:48 PM

Yeah!, my UI claim was approved! Turns out that my prior UI claim was not at issue -- they simply wanted to know which days I worked in the week that I filed my claim. So it was an easy couple questions and the interviewer was not difficult at all. There was no drama. Thank you for your help, especially with your advice to keep interview answers short and sweet and to not elaborate on why I got fired or volunteer too much information that would end up being used against me.

I think the big difference between this claim and my prior one was that my employer did not contest the prior claim, but the more recent employer did through TALX. I still got approved, it was just a little more stressful having that interference from a 3rd party.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:07 PM

Quote:
they simply wanted to know which days I worked in the week that I filed my claim.
This is suspect. You report the last day worked when you apply, and you report the number of hours on your first week's claim form. EDD didn't need to call you for this.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:57 PM

Yes, I was accurate on my claim -- I listed the actual last day worked and how much I earned for that week. Why they wanted to confirm that verbally, I don't know, but that's exactly what we discussed in the 2nd interview. At that point, he said I was approved and that I should see the money on my EDD card within a couple days, and it was.

Old 06-04-2018, 05:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,307 times
Can someone advice me for my unemployment claim status?
I've done with the phone interview all is well i asked them if i'm approved they said i am elligible to get the claim once i'm done submitted other documents required so do i, it's been more than 10days since it happened do guys have any idea what will be the next possible steps or do i need to wait a lil bit longer or they'd denied it already? Idk. #WaitingInVain
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment