Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2017, 03:41 AM

2 posts, read 16,144 times

Advertisements

Hello.It has been almost a month since I filed initial claim and 9 days since I had the phone interview. The interviewer said I may receive follow up phone call but never did. I received a response email stating issue will be resolved today which now is actually yesterday. There is still nothing at all online. I did get a phone call telling me to begin keeping detailed work search records and be prepared to show that anytime in the future. Is this a call that all claimants get? Does this mean I am approved? I was fired after coworker agreed to work my shift and then decided not to come in. Management was not around to get the proper shift change form so it was verbal agreement. I was ill that is why I asked him to work. No prior write ups and 1 verbal warning about being tardy about a month prior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 09:23 AM

13,131 posts, read 20,972,911 times
Until you see your claim status changed to something specific like Disqualified or Paid (or get a Determination in the mail), all this is just standard Unemployment process and means nothing specific.

The bigger issue is what did you say to unemployment when they called? If you told them what you wrote here, you will most likely get denied on your words alone. What you did was called Admit and Justify. You admitted doing something and now trying to justify it. Unemployment could care less what made up reasoning you saying now, all they care about is you admitted doing something against the employer and that's usually good enough to get you denied.

Now, since you are in Nevada, changes last year may help in that the interviewers no longer can deny based on a claimant self admission/confession if the employer actually states a non disqualifying reason. So, if you said what you said, normally you would be denied if the employer says the same, says nothing or even says laid off. Under the changes, if an employer actually cites a non-disqualifying reason, they won't deny anymore.

Otherwise, I really wouldn't hold out much hope of benefits at this stage. You most likely will be heading to an appeals hearing.

Old 04-27-2020, 08:14 AM

1 posts, read 6,359 times
I recently had my phone interview, I understand that the employees are going thru a ton of people, but when my interview was complete, she never told me what to expect next, she wasn't friendly, I had a hard time answering her questions because she said I wasn't being accurate, I don't know about u guys but I don't have exact dates on when I was terminated from my old job and I gave her all the info I had, I am still seeing "pending resolution" on my account and it has been a week. I'm feeling discouraged and don't know what I should do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment