Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 05:32 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,566,248 times

Advertisements

I used to be an UI adjudicator in Oregon. No offense, but seems like an easy denial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 07:53 AM

14,500 posts, read 31,131,723 times
No, offense, but we've had enough claimants on here post that they were denied by UI adjudicators and then get benefits on appeal.

What kind of training do you get? If you get overturned on appeal, do you get educated to reduce the likelihood of reversals in the future?

Old 06-03-2016, 11:43 AM

13,143 posts, read 21,082,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
I used to be an UI adjudicator in Oregon. No offense, but seems like an easy denial.
Since the purpose of the first line determination is to deny if any disqualification factor exist regardless if that factor is true or not, naturally a person on that level will think its an easy denial because that is what they are trained and instructed to do. However, if you look at Oregon's OAH evaluation and review conducted by the state court as required by law every 10 years, the first level adjudication gets it wrong 60% of the time in disputed/contested cases. The Appeals level gets it wrong 30% of the time and the final review gets it wrong 9% of the time. So, by no means is this an easy denial once a competent judicial process is applied where instead of just checking boxes and shuffling papers, they have to adhere to the code of civil procedure and base their determination on actual facts and evidence.

Old 06-03-2016, 06:38 PM

2 posts, read 903 times
So once you've been awarded benefits for a claim you usually are good. Until you get the dreaded "Request for Seperation Info" like I did just today. Guess that usually means they'll eventually deny you.

Old 06-03-2016, 06:42 PM

2 posts, read 903 times
Sorry don't mean to jack your thread/post. I just don't understand half the processes anymore. I mean I quit my last job cause I couldn't get a pay raise & they planned on giving me a marginal annual review so they didn't have to pay up. I never did anything to warrant hostilities or the set-up to try to fire someone....So I find a MUCH better job(especially in pay) only to be let go due to their horrible mistake 15days later. Now I'm unemployed again & feeling the added stress after getting this mailer from EDD. UGH!!!

Old 06-03-2016, 06:54 PM

13,143 posts, read 21,082,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSJR22 View Post
Sorry don't mean to jack your thread/post. I just don't understand half the processes anymore. I mean I quit my last job cause I couldn't get a pay raise & they planned on giving me a marginal annual review so they didn't have to pay up. I never did anything to warrant hostilities or the set-up to try to fire someone....So I find a MUCH better job(especially in pay) only to be let go due to their horrible mistake 15days later. Now I'm unemployed again & feeling the added stress after getting this mailer from EDD. UGH!!!
You should start a new post and provide details as to what you are talking about. A Request for Separation Info is being asked because you had multiple employers and one of them feels they should not be on the hook for your current unemployment because you left them under a disqualifying reasons. If you quit for the reasons you did with the first employer, odds are you would have been disqualified from receiving benefits. Although you may have been found qualified for benefits based on the second employers separation, you will still have to deal with the first employer's objection.

Old 06-08-2016, 09:59 AM

5 posts, read 5,698 times
I will be sending my request to appeal the denial today. I feel like I have a good chance at winning.

I asked to be relocated and nothing was done. The only option I was given was to resign. Ive already been denied so I don't see how much worse it could get. Ill take whatever last minute advice you guys could give me.

Old 06-08-2016, 12:47 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,131,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lg729 View Post
I asked to be relocated and nothing was done.
You can't say it that way. You have to say that your employer was MOVING you, and you asked to stay put or be moved back to where you came from. It has a subtle difference in meaning that an ALJ will understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment