Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 11:35 AM

14,500 posts, read 31,089,688 times

Advertisements

YES.

You could work from Jan 1 to Jun 30, and be issued a paycheck date 7/1/2014. All 6 months of earns would then go in the July to Sept quarter because that is when it would have been paid.

There is no spliting of your checks. In this most recent example, you don't get to tell a judge, "I worked 6 months and some of that work should be in a different quarter because that's when it was worked. The judge would look at the date of the check, see that it was July 1, and then tell you that's the quarter your wages go in.

There may be nothing you can do, but it is something to look at besides making sure that everything adds up right. In your case, you'd want to focus only on the lower dollar quarters to get them to have more money in them, and for your high wage quarter, you want to hope that you find too much money reported.

Even if you found shortages in all the quarters, at your appeal, you'd only present evidence to make the lower ones higher, and be silent as to anything that would make the high quarter be even higher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 11:58 AM

38 posts, read 56,111 times
Okay, in that case, everything has been reported correctly and the totals are indeed correct, right down to the dollar = (

Which puts my high quarter at 56% of my earnings of my base year because I was only employed part-time before the temp position. When the next quarter is able to be factored in, I would be eligible, but that does nothing to pay the bills now and it took me forever to find that full-time position....

Any other advice is greatly appreciated, but I understand when the ship is simply dead in the water.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:49 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,089,688 times
One last thing is being paid early. If you have a direct depost on 6/30 and the check is dated 7/1, you very well might be able to get a sympathetic judge to move earnings in a case like that as well. Since the company paid early, then they should have reported early as well. After this, I'm out of ideas. So look at that before you give up. Going along with this, if you can tell from the bank stuff you might see cases around weekends where the money was deposited late on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, but because of the way banks work it would have been dated for Monday's date, but it doesn't change the fact that the money was early. Quite often you can see this in the descriptions in either the transaction or memo fields. It will have 20141024 or some other variation that might be in the transaction number (for 10/24/2014) and the date of the transaction will be for 10/27/2014.

I'm just so sorry this has happened to you.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:02 PM

38 posts, read 56,111 times
Nope, everything is right on, paid days inside each quarter's start/end date.

Totally frustrating......getting myself prepared for those phone calls explaining why the bills are not paid = (
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment