Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2014, 05:38 PM

1 posts, read 641 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I have a situation. I started a job less than two months ago and I hate it. I was collecting unemployment and left it to pursue this full-time opportunity. I should mention that this position is through an agency and is "temp to perm". I was hired to help around the office since the manager was going to be on sick leave to do chemotherapy. Everything went well until the manager actually left (2 1/2 weeks after my arrival.) After she left the environment was so different, the women who is the manager for the time being treats me and another temp so bad. I'm not sure if is because we are temps but we don't get treated the same as the other girls. I told her something personal about my health since I took a day off to go to the doctors and the next day everyone in the office knew what I had. Also, when I make mistakes (since I am new it is bound to happen) the girl training me always yells it out to make everyone aware of it and makes me uncomfortable. They all talk about me and I haven't done anything to disrespect in any kind of way.

I reached out to my recruiter and expressed to her how much I hate the position and that I do not want to be there. She told me she'll try to find something but to keep working there meanwhile. 3 weeks later she hasn't reached out to see if I'm doing fine and when I call her she sounds like she's monkey-ing me around till the other manager comes back but my issue is that I'm stressed and my health can't take that much stress so I don't want to be there anymore. So I took it upon myself to find another job and found a part time opportunity but my question is with everything you read here - Will I be able to collect partial unemployment if i quit this full time position to pursue a part time position.

Just a note, my hours at work since the manager left has decreased to 28-34 hours. When I started I was told 40 hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2014, 09:15 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,180,629 times
Probably not. A quit is a quit, and I'm not seeing any good cause in there plus you have the added complexity of a temp agency in the mix.

I suggest you make more of those mistakes so that your next call from the temp agency will be "they don't want you to come back," and then you're chances of getting UI will be nearly 100%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment