Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2014, 01:41 PM

2 posts, read 2,708 times

Advertisements

I have used all of my regular unemployment benefits up (26 weeks) as of Mar 2, 2014. Even though congress has not acted on extending unemployment benefits,DC still wants you to file weekly claims. I submitted my application for EUC08 Tier 1 benefits and was deemed ineligible on Mar 4, 2014. I have no clue as to why. I've called and the explanations is because I'm $479.00 short of qualifying for EUC08 Tier 1 benefits. WHAT!!!! If anyone on here can explain this to me I would be grateful and oh any administrative (or jobs period) jobs that you know are hiring please let me know. back ground I worked from Nov 2012 to Aug 13, prior to that I worked Jan 02 to June 2012.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2014, 01:52 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,099,005 times
Look to your original monetary award, and type in the dollar amounts there by quarter.

Old 03-11-2014, 02:13 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,512,015 times
EUC eligibility depends on the quarterly earnings in your base period.

In DC, in order to qualify for EUC, your total base period earnings must exceed 1.5x your high quarter earnings.

So, what was your higher quarter?
What is 1.5 x that?

If total base year earnings are LESS than 1.5x your high quarter, that claim is ineligible for EUC.

For future reference, we have cautioned many times on this board about strategically choosing a filing date in order to capture the most advantageous base period.

Your Work History:

Jan 2012 - June 2012 - 6 months
Nov 2012 - Aug 2013 - 10 months

Review your earnings for the following:

You filed in August/September 2013, which means base period for that claim included earnings April 2012-March 2013. What is the high quarter and total base period earnings?

Had you waited to file until October 6 or later, your base period would have included earnings July 2012-June 2013. What is the high quarter and total base period earnings?

It is possible the 7/12-6/13 base period had more earnings and might have met the 1.5 high quarter requirement.

There isn't much you can do about this, anymore. The time to have corrected the filing error would have been at the start of your claim. Many states will allow a claim cancellation if no benefits have been paid.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:45 PM

2 posts, read 2,708 times
Thanks Ariande22, I still don't understand it. The representative did mention something about a lag.... I hope to be called back for a second interview by Friday and get this job and not have to worry. I just don't understand if I received regular benefits why wouldn't I qualify for EUC08 Tier 1

Old 03-11-2014, 07:14 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,512,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DELSC View Post
Thanks Ariande22, I still don't understand it. The representative did mention something about a lag.... I hope to be called back for a second interview by Friday and get this job and not have to worry. I just don't understand if I received regular benefits why wouldn't I qualify for EUC08 Tier 1
Indeed, LAG - like I told you - had you filed a few weeks later, your base period would be different and one of the quarters now in your LAG wouldn't be.

In short, the quarters don't work out. Work out your quarters as I told you, upthread, using a different base period.

Qualifying for regular District of Columbia UE benefits does not automatically mean you qualify for FEDERAL EUC benefits.

Two different sets of guidelines.

Read my post again. It is all about quarters of earnings in your base period. Base period is determined by when you filed. It is quite possible you filed too early, but we won't know that for sure if you don't post your earnings by quarter for year 2012 and 2013.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment