Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 04:10 AM

25 posts, read 49,068 times

Advertisements

I definitely will keep you guys updated. I'm just waiting for this slow mail to go through. I wish there was a way to find out sooner like a hint or something. Oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 07:28 AM

12,791 posts, read 15,031,263 times
You have to be really careful & have the common sense to definitely NOT say anything at work about causing any kind of harm to someone, joking or not! Even if the person you said it to knew you're joking, they can "change their mind" later & report you OR someone else at work could have heard it in the distance & reported you. It's definitely to say nothing than those kinds of comments.

Old 02-20-2014, 07:32 PM

40 posts, read 74,549 times
I've known of worse situations and people were able to collect. usually after a penalty of several weeks.
In the end, you should be OK. Just have to wait.

Old 02-20-2014, 07:34 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,537,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verve92 View Post
I've known of worse situations and people were able to collect. usually after a penalty of several weeks.
CA doesn't issue disqualification weeks for misconduct. It denies the claim outright.

Old 02-21-2014, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verve92 View Post
When they were able to collect did they just do their phone interview or also appeal to collect? Were they approved with just the phone interview?

Old 02-21-2014, 01:44 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,537,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrmendo View Post
When they were able to collect did they just do their phone interview or also appeal to collect? Were they approved with just the phone interview?
There is NO further phone interview in CA or any other state if you are issued penalty weeks - or a denial. The next avenue is an appeal.

Penalties, disqualifications, good cause reasons for a quit, misconduct are state specific. General comments stating "I've known" mean nothing without also knowing the state.

As I said above:
Quote:
CA doesn't issue disqualification weeks for misconduct. It denies the claim outright.
Other poster is talking about penalty weeks in other states - not California. The only time CA issues penalty weeks is for false statement - NOT misconduct.

You are in California. You will either be approved or denied because of misconduct. A one-time incident of misconduct does not generally rise to the level of misconduct in CA. As I posted earlier, if you are denied. you appeal. You will win on appeal.

Old 02-21-2014, 04:58 PM

Oh that was helpful to know. I've been reading to see if its a bad sign when the interviewer tells you "you'll get a letter in the mail 7 - 10 business days". Or its pretty generic and you have to wait those days. I'm in constant stress looking for a job and living off savings but it would be nice to know if theres a way to know before you get that letter in the mail.

I've read some user call the debit card number to see if funds were deposited before hand.

Plus I also wonder if hopefully the length of me working there (6yrs) made a difference. Ive been consistent and actually really good at what I use to do. I hope they see that in my favor with out appealing it. Thanks though

Old 02-23-2014, 11:15 PM

40 posts, read 74,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Really? Wow I'm in NJ and there are 3 levels of misconduct simple misconduct can collect as in my case. Our state is run by an obese Republican douchebag. I thought CA was liberal. Guess not in this situation.
I sit corrected!
A joke? I think you'll be ok.

Old 03-03-2014, 04:36 PM

Thumbs down Edd update.....

So I just called this Orange County EDD number I found online to just ask about the status of my eligibility and they informed me that my claimed has been DENIED! Yea denied! and that the letter was already sent to me and it should let me know my options as far as appealing and how to do it. I haven't got the letter yet because I called instead and it should arrive tomorrow or Wednesday. At this point I am almost done living off of my savings and drained out. I have been job hunting all this time but now I am going to have to ask for loans from family and friends.

People are telling me to appeal and talk to a judge about it but at times I am discouraged and don't know if I will be a laughing stock of the court room with it being "Me vs Corporate Company" which do bring even a lawyer to talk on their behalf.

Old 03-03-2014, 04:47 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,115,923 times
Appeal it. When you're desperate and the job offer isn't forth coming, it not like it's that big of a waste of time. People do win these.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment