Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2013, 06:22 PM

2 posts, read 2,057 times

Advertisements

all I did was ask a question. my first time on here and I don't know why anyone would delete it but nevermind. I didn't do anything just wanted some advice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2013, 06:52 PM

25,633 posts, read 56,825,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snsfamcc View Post
all I did was ask a question. my first time on here and I don't know why anyone would delete it but nevermind. I didn't do anything just wanted some advice
Nobody deleted your post - you started that thread on the Work & Employment Forum - NOT the Unemployment Forum, which is where you are now.

Here is your post from Work & Employment:
Quote:
Originally Posted by snsfamcc View Post
I worked for a temp agency and my assignment ended here in Wisconsin due to attendance (I missed 5 days in 7mos , 4 says due to illness,1 due to a snow storm and was working 60hr weeks). When I filed my initial claim I said I was fired not laid off. After answering a letter asking the circumstances, I have not heard back from unemployment. I called a couple of times and was told to keep filing. My information had to be manually entered. It was not a question of eligibility but info was waiting to be entered so the right company is charged. I guess they are backed up because the claim was filed 6-11-2013 and on 7-18-13 I was told they worked on claims from 6-3-13 the day prior. How much longer do you think I will have to wait. no money and bills are all behind. I could lose my house and I have 5 kids to take care of.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/newre...ply&p=30598541
Embarrassed to say WI is ALWAYS backed up, it seems everything has to be done manually, and it does take forever to get benefits going unless you have a routine claim, which yours is not.

Suggest you email/call your state representative citing the urgency of your situation, as well as emailing the governor's office. WI is really a disgrace, of late. This "manual entry" issue is a common complaint. I experienced this myself 3.5 years ago. An email to then Gov. Doyle's office got me my money in two days.

You need to start complaining.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:44 PM

1 posts, read 421 times
Hi Ariadne22, I need help... I got fired from my job here in Milwaukee. I have worked for them for about two years and was fired the second time I called in. It was 20 minutes before the beginning of my shift though. I had a previous call in, they said I would be suspended for a week but they waived the suspension and I never signed anything, and wasn't told that I would be fired the next time. I need to start a claim what do I say??? What am I allowed to say so I don't compromise my possibilities!!! I also had 80 hrs of vacation owed to me, my employer said he would talk to his "lawyer" about my vacation hours, he wants to scare me or something.. It's unfair to be fired like this I have two kids and am a single mom... HELP

Old 06-07-2016, 07:08 PM

14,493 posts, read 31,296,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaA1978 View Post
what do I say??? What am I allowed to say so I don't compromise my possibilities!!!
You tell the UI people that you were "fired," and you don't say another word about the situation. In a discharge, the employer has the burden, and if you tell this story, you'll be helping the employer and compromising your chances in the event the employer says nothing, responds late, sends the wrong witness or evidence, and even if the employer does everything right at this round, an admission that you make now, will then haunt you at a hearing where you have still have a good shot at getting benefits.

Do NOT tell the UI people on the application or on the phone WHY you were fired, only that you were fired, and shut up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment