Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 12:26 PM

8 posts, read 110,200 times

Advertisements

Hi...can any one tell me if my former employer will be able to hear my conversation with the claims examiner? I know former employers are invited to participate but someone told me we can't hear each other. Alsowhat kinds of questions do they ask? Approximately how long does the call last?
Thanks Leenie61
P.S. I'm in NJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 01:33 PM

234 posts, read 686,354 times
why would they be on the phone if its a basic first time call to see why you are not at your company anymore? i would advice you not to lie or double talk because it will bite you in the end. i am basically telling you if you did something wrong avoid the topic the best you can and let your ex company hang you. you don't want to lie or start a problem.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:25 PM

I have no intention of lying. I'm just easily intimadated by him and tend to get flustered. It's not a basic first time call. I was recieving unemployment benefits for about a month, the recieved Claims Examiner interview stating I may have quit my job without good cause attributable to work. Someone told me he can't hear me and I can't hear him. Is this the case Thanks Leenie61

Old 11-15-2012, 06:56 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,392,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by around1999 View Post
why would they be on the phone if its a basic first time call to see why you are not at your company anymore? i would advice you not to lie or double talk because it will bite you in the end. i am basically telling you if you did something wrong avoid the topic the best you can and let your ex company hang you. you don't want to lie or start a problem.
You are full of the most amazingly useless assumptions.

It is possible OP will have his employer on the call at the same time. It is possible that they will not do it this way.

To answer your actual question, usually if the UI people decide to have both present, you are not able to hear one another as this keeps you guys from fighting or talking over one another and allows the claims examiner to have both sides present to ask questions, etc.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:16 PM

426 posts, read 1,908,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie61 View Post
I have no intention of lying. I'm just easily intimadated by him and tend to get flustered. It's not a basic first time call. I was recieving unemployment benefits for about a month, the recieved Claims Examiner interview stating I may have quit my job without good cause attributable to work. Someone told me he can't hear me and I can't hear him. Is this the case Thanks Leenie61
The answer is no. The examiner can make the determination on what you told him/her but if you appeal it to an actual court setting, the referee does NOT allow the tape nor any determination by the deputy to be entered into record.

They start from scratch and the employer has to prove its case .

However, you seem to be talking like someone who ALREADY talked to the deputy and now is having second thoughts about what they said.

Have no fear. Thats very common. If you already talked to them, tell us what you said and we can help you fix it .

Old 11-15-2012, 11:17 PM

Thanks everyone, but now I'm just as confused as ever...LOL ...this is my first time collecting unemployment. As I stated above, I was receiving Unemployment for about a month, then recieved a Claims Examiner interview date which states I may have quit my job without good cause attributable to work.
To thebunny I don't know what OP means/is? lol
To thomasdavie..I haven't already talked to anyone..is the claims examiner called the deputy
I just really want to know if we are both in on the phone call, will we both hear each other?
Thanks for all your help
Leenie61

Old 11-15-2012, 11:39 PM

No...thomasdavie is, yet again, speaking without reading.

The appointment you are facing is over the phone. As you have had no hearings or interviews as of yet, thomasdavie is just trying to throw in parts of the process you haven't even gotten to yet.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasdavie View Post
The answer is no. The examiner can make the determination on what you told him/her but if you appeal it to an actual court setting, the referee does NOT allow the tape nor any determination by the deputy to be entered into record.

They start from scratch and the employer has to prove its case .

However, you seem to be talking like someone who ALREADY talked to the deputy and now is having second thoughts about what they said.

Have no fear. Thats very common. If you already talked to them, tell us what you said and we can help you fix it .
Stop being a jerk and assuming. You don't know what you are talking about more than half the time as it is, conjecture isn't going to help.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:33 AM

So...the answer to my question is...? LOL

Old 11-16-2012, 08:01 AM

234 posts, read 686,354 times
well after getting more facts your possible this or possible that is very on the money too. is illininutt getting his 117 week still? haha. i am old school be honest but give the least information you can, don't worry, and if you did nothing wrong with time it works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
You are full of the most amazingly useless assumptions.

It is possible OP will have his employer on the call at the same time. It is possible that they will not do it this way.

To answer your actual question, usually if the UI people decide to have both present, you are not able to hear one another as this keeps you guys from fighting or talking over one another and allows the claims examiner to have both sides present to ask questions, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment