Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 12:07 PM

3 posts, read 6,421 times

Advertisements

I am waiting for a so called pending background check in a temp agency but the thing is i dont remember signing anything stating they will be doing this. The first time I was interviewed the guy that did this stated he had to send my app to corporate? due to the large gap of my unemployment afterwards. I told him it was because of my pregnancy & istarted school again. Then he said that shouldnt be a problem for me then but that these were regulations & then he said to call him back the next day after 12. He gave me the offices business card and his personal cell phone # in case no one answered at the office. So the next day I called and the answering machine kept picking it up that the lines were busy. Then I called his # & he wouldnt answer either http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/images/blank.gif Eventually I called again around 1 ish & a lady answered & iexplained my situation & she said 2 call back @ 3:30 thats when the guy that took my app will be there. So instead I decide 2 go 2 the office myself. he was the only 1 there & thats when he told me there doing a background check. iwas a bit shocked because he didnt clarify this the first time. he just said if ihave no bad records that ihave nothing to worry about & we can continue the hiring proceess & he said he was 95% sure hes getting me in. then he said call him the next day @ 10 that it should be done by then. That was today & he said he hasnt heard nothing & that HE'LL call me. Btw this is for Priority Satffing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 12:51 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
And....?

Old 09-20-2012, 01:57 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Arrrgggghhhhhh!!!!! I hate cliff-hangers!!!!!

Old 09-20-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
And....?
And that's it! I'm just waiting for his call. Point is I don't know why this is taking so long I have no criminal record. I just feel mislead because he makes it seem as if I'm already guaranteed a job but he's being vague about this background check business

Old 09-20-2012, 04:03 PM

Sounds like a scam. He probably already has your name and address. Don't give him your social security number or your birthdate. The more information he has about you, the better equipped he is to make you a victim of identity fraud. I hope that is not the case, but the little info you have told us here, and your own suspicions about this guy and his actions, lead me to believe he is probably more on the "shady" side than the "legit" side. Please let us know what happens.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Sounds like a scam. He probably already has your name and address. Don't give him your social security number or your birthdate. The more information he has about you, the better equipped he is to make you a victim of identity fraud. I hope that is not the case, but the little info you have told us here, and your own suspicions about this guy and his actions, lead me to believe he is probably more on the "shady" side than the "legit" side. Please let us know what happens.
Hmmm I don't think it's a scam? It's a staffing agency. I've applied to one before but it was Mjo staffing & I started about a week after I applied without a problem or them beating around the bush like this guy. I just hope I truly got the job. I'll check in later here and say what happens.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:53 PM

42 posts, read 115,492 times
It could just be a light background check. WHere I live, you can type in a public records seach, put in a person's first and last name and there ya go! You can see if they have DUIs, arrests, speeding tickets, everything. Anyhow, the point is that I can run these checks with just a name...I'm just a mom in MN. Maybe that's all they're doing. Checking arrest records. As long as you haven't done anything, you should be fine. It could be the person is just scatter-brained or something. Be sure it's a legit company though, like that other poster said...

Old 07-20-2016, 01:16 AM

581 posts, read 920,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theprincefan View Post
It could just be a light background check. WHere I live, you can type in a public records seach, put in a person's first and last name and there ya go! You can see if they have DUIs, arrests, speeding tickets, everything. Anyhow, the point is that I can run these checks with just a name...I'm just a mom in MN. Maybe that's all they're doing. Checking arrest records. As long as you haven't done anything, you should be fine. It could be the person is just scatter-brained or something. Be sure it's a legit company though, like that other poster said...
The last post was 4 years ago. Kind of you to respond but things have changed a lot since then.

Old 07-20-2016, 06:25 PM

2,003 posts, read 2,878,226 times
But wouldn't it be a hoot if OP was still waiting?

Old 07-23-2016, 10:35 AM

I'm still waiting to find out the end of this cliffhanger. Come on, OP ... I'm on the edge here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment