Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2012, 08:21 AM

29 posts, read 55,618 times

Advertisements

Im really confused. So ive been recieving unemployment since july 2011..ive went through my first 26 weeks and just started recieving euc for about a month or two when i recieved a notice saying my benefit year has ended and i need to apply for a.second benefit year. I did this last tues. And was told to.file today for benefits. Friday i recieved notice that my second year of benefits are denied(obviously i havent worked)..so why would i file today when the benefits are going to be denied? From reading the forum im assuming my euc claim from my previous claim will be reopened but do i need to call unemployment for them to do this? Or will my claim automatically be reopened and.once i file today ill get paid tues. From my euc just like.before? Is there a delay with payment while my old claim needs to be reopened? Please help..thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 11:25 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,497,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camsmama1126 View Post
.so why would i file today when the benefits are going to be denied? do i need to call unemployment for them to do this? Or will my claim automatically be reopened and.once i file today ill get paid tues. From my euc just like.before? Is there a delay with payment while my old claim needs to be reopened?
Asked and answered two days ago, here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Quote:
I am so.confused. I recently started recieving euc. Then i get a notice stating that my bye. So i had.to.file.for.a second benefit year. I recieved a notice stating that my second benefit year has been denied because i have not worked since recieving unemployment. I was also told.to.file this sunday. Why would.i.file.this.sundaay if my benefits are.denied? Or.am i being put back on my euc claim and if so will i get paid.tues. After i file sunday like i.was.told? Or.will there be a delay in my benefits because they need to reopen.my euc claim.From my first benefit year.which i was on tier 1 when all this transpired
You will find out Sunday, when you claim. Whether or not there is a delay in benefits depends on your state.

Quote:
8. I've been collecting for a year and am on Tier 2. My claim expires next week. What happens now?

Some states automatically perform the recertification process as long as you continue to file weekly or biweekly claims. In most states, you will need to telephone your state to RECERTIFY your claim. Your state will do a monetary reevaluation for a new claim. If you have not had eligible earnings during your past benefit year, your "application for a new claim" will be denied, your old claim reopened and you continue to receive benefits on that claim. You may receive confusing correspondence at this time, especially in Illinois. Be sure to telephone your state if this happens - and keep claiming if the system allows.

Per FAQS: https://www.city-data.com/forum/22370378-post2.html
However, I'll try again:

Quote:
Im really confused. So ive been recieving unemployment since july 2011..ive went through my first 26 weeks and just started recieving euc for about a month or two when i recieved a notice saying my benefit year has ended and i need to apply for a.second benefit year. I did this last tues. And was told to.file today for benefits. Friday i recieved notice that my second year of benefits are denied(obviously i havent worked)..so why would i file today when the benefits are going to be denied?
File today as you were told to. You answered your own question, here:
Quote:
From reading the forum im assuming my euc claim from my previous claim will be reopened
Quote:
do i need to call unemployment for them to do this?
Depends on the state. If you weren't told to call and were told to claim on Sunday, do as you are told.
Quote:
once i file today ill get paid tues. From my euc just like.before? Is there a delay with payment while my old claim needs to be reopened?
As I told you two days ago, it depends on your state. See answer above.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:18 PM

Ok thanks for your help. I was not completely sure how things worked. How you broke down my quotes made me look like an idiot...im not familiar with this forum or how to do things on here..so i posted twice without knowing the first really posted. Im just in a really bad situation..i needed to know when i was getting paid again because i have a baby to care for ..im a single mom with no support from family or the child father. What really sucks is that i wanted to go back to school and get my rn but if i do this ill be penalized for trying to better myself because then i wont be able to recieve any benefits. Im stuck...i guess i have to just take any job and hope that ends meet...or maybe my sons father will help with child support....yeah right. Anyway thanks again...and my fingers are crossed for a payment on tuesday!

Old 07-23-2012, 07:24 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,535,868 times
If you haven't already, apply for food stamps. Many states allow online application submittal these days. The worst that happens is you'll be denied. You have nothing to lose and might be approved for a small benefit amount. Anything helps! If you go to church, check with them. Large churches have resources you might not be aware of.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:32 AM

Myrc..thanks. I've already applied for food stamps, and unfortunately i've only been able to recieve $102 a month for my son and I. What gets me is a friend of mine has no children,has a job making atleast $28,000 a year, lives with her mrother in a 2 bedroom apt, just bought a brand new car and she gets $200 a month in food stamps.?! Now, how can that be?I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong...for her to get that with no children and me to get what i get with a child and unemployed boggles my mind. Anyways on the other hand..i spoke with a very nice woman from unemployment this morning who assured me that i would have a payment available tomorrow and that yes in Maryland once you recertify for your second benefit yr. And its denied you dont have to do anything .They will automatically reopen your prior claim and you will continue onour tiers of euc.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:48 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,535,868 times
Quote:
Myrc..thanks. I've already applied for food stamps, and unfortunately i've only been able to recieve $102 a month for my son and I. What gets me is a friend of mine has no children,has a job making atleast $28,000 a year, lives with her mrother in a 2 bedroom apt, just bought a brand new car and she gets $200 a month in food stamps.?! Now, how can that be?I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong...for her to get that with no children and me to get what i get with a child and unemployed boggles my mind. Anyways on the other hand..i spoke with a very nice woman from unemployment this morning who assured me that i would have a payment available tomorrow and that yes in Maryland once you recertify for your second benefit yr. And its denied you dont have to do anything .They will automatically reopen your prior claim and you will continue onour tiers of euc.
Food Stamps qualifications vary from one state to another. If mother has no income and is disabled with medical expenses that may increase her benefit. There is no way to know what SNAP's reasoning is. At least you got something; that's better than not getting it. I applied when our unemployment ended and they ignored our paperwork. I make a little money but it isn't nearly enough. I'm about to apply again and you should too when your income changes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment