Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 11:47 AM

251 posts, read 641,274 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone. Last week, I received a letter from the Arkansas Dept of Workforces saying Benefits could not be paid for the week ending 11/27/10 because of a pending monetary re-determination. Continue to claim weekly benefits.

This is over a month late.

Well today, I checked the status of my claim online, and it says benefits ending 1/15/11 could not be paid due to pending monetary determination.

I called my local office and they said I should just re-file my claim. They then called back and said I may have to open a new claim. I'm totally confused. Anyone ever had this, or know what it means?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 12:22 PM

621 posts, read 2,326,336 times
are you coming up or at your 1 year anniversary mark for your benefits?

Old 01-18-2011, 12:25 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparker2005 View Post
Hey everyone. Last week, I received a letter from the Arkansas Dept of Workforces saying Benefits could not be paid for the week ending 11/27/10 because of a pending monetary re-determination. Continue to claim weekly benefits.

This is over a month late.

Well today, I checked the status of my claim online, and it says benefits ending 1/15/11 could not be paid due to pending monetary determination.

I called my local office and they said I should just re-file my claim. They then called back and said I may have to open a new claim. I'm totally confused. Anyone ever had this, or know what it means?
When did your first benefit year end?

In all states, an application for a new claim (aka recertification) must be filed at the end of a benefit year to determine eligibility for a new claim based on any earnings you may have had in your first benefit year. If there are insufficient earnings to qualify for an new claim, this application is denied, the old claim reopened and EUC benefits paid on that old claim. This is not complicated. It happens with everyone in all the states.

Also, most of the states are now doing a monetary redetermination for anyone receiving EUC benefits. Same procedure applies. The states are supposed to do this quarterly.

Sounds like you may have had a BYE that wasn't processed correctly in November and now the standard monetary redetermination that is being done for everyone. AK's computers are probably confused due to the 11/27 BYE (guessing), expiration of EUC legislation on November 30, 2010, and the January monetary redetermination.

Call AK back and make sure you have done what is necessary to continue receiving benefits.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:26 PM

No, I first filed on November 8th, 2010. It really has me worried, but I haven't done anything that would make me lose any benefits, so maybe it's just a small error or something?

Old 01-18-2011, 12:27 PM

621 posts, read 2,326,336 times
Quote:
No, I first filed on November 8th, 2010. It really has me worried, but I haven't done anything that would make me lose any benefits, so maybe it's just a small error or something?
When you left your job, did you quit, were you fired for misconduct or where you laid off due to no fault of your own?

Old 01-18-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Did you receive an initial monetary determination?

Were you paid any benefits at all?

Old 01-18-2011, 12:39 PM

I was let go of my job due to slow work. It was a family business. Their 2 sons and me were working. They couldn't afford to have me on any longer until business picked up, so I was laid off.

I did receive monetary determination and have received benefits every week up until this week.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
I was let go of my job due to slow work. It was a family business. Their 2 sons and me were working. They couldn't afford to have me on any longer until business picked up, so I was laid off.

I did receive monetary determination and have received benefits every week up until this week.
You post said benefits could not be paid for 11/27. Did you receive benefits for that week?

This is now almost 8 weeks hence. I wonder if your employer is now contesting these benefits.

This is a new claim. You have been receiving benefits. It is NOT necessary to do a monetary redetermination at this time. There is no explanation for this.

AK should not have said you might need to file a new claim. You better call and keep calling until you can talk to someone who makes sense on this.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:50 PM

I am pretty sure I did receive benefits for the week of 11/27. I don't think my employer would contest these benefits as we are VERY close friends and they would have said something to me first before they ever contested it.

I did get the letter LAST WEEK about the 11/27 benefits. But this week's claim said it could not be processed due to a pending monetary determination on 1/15/11.

I am so confused but will continue to see what I need to do. I had a 2nd interview at a job last week and I hope I get it because I've had so much trouble with this unemployment thing.

Old 01-18-2011, 05:43 PM

Got everything solved. It was a simple error on their part and was just sitting there holding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment