Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 04:03 PM

3,814 posts, read 11,977,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver33 View Post
People also must remember the Tier's and EB are not automatic. Each state has to meet the triggers for three months in a row. The EB trigger of 8.5% is what people also need to be looking at. Just don't assume your state is meeting the triggers.
The three-month average unemployment rate triggers for Tiers III and IV in all states are:
• EUC Tier III - up to 13 weeks (state must have a three-month average unemployment rate of at least 6%).
• EUC Tier IV - up to 6 weeks (state must have a three-month average unemployment rate of at least 8.5%).

The unemployment rate triggers for EB can vary from state to state. However, most states opt for the following three-month average unemployment rate triggers:
• EB - up to 13 weeks (state must have a three-month average unemployment rate of at least 6%),
• High EB - up to an additional 7 weeks (state must have a three-month average unemployment rate of at least 8%).

Many states also require that EB is funded 100% by the federal government as one of the criterion for offering these benefits.

You should check your state's DOL website for the specific EB requirements that are in effect in your state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 04:15 PM

1,252 posts, read 3,485,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diorgirl View Post
Many states also require that EB is funded 100% by the federal government as one of the criterion for offering these benefits.

You should check your state's DOL website for the specific EB requirements that are in effect in your state.
This is worth repeating.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:56 AM

11 posts, read 16,014 times
well my checks were finally process today and was forwarded to my account today from the 03,10,17,24,31 thank god because i was about to be homeless

Old 08-04-2010, 07:57 AM

11 posts, read 16,014 times
i am in ga

Old 08-06-2010, 05:30 PM

81 posts, read 285,371 times
Default Illinois unemployment and tier 3 and 4

I got a hold of the Kankakee office before they approved the extension recently. They told me to keep certifying every two weeks and it would be accepted. This was to make sure when the bill was approved that
I got the back compensation. Have you received any back money yet?

Do you know how many emergency unemployment benefit weeks are in there for us. I am at the end of tier 4 and freaking out.

Thanks,
JANDJANDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal26 View Post
Hello, I have a question for those of you currently on Tier 3 EUC in Illinois or to whom ever is able to help with my question. Since the extention of unemployment benefits was not passed and ended June 5, 2010, Will I still recieve a check if I still have money left? I currently have a balance of $3,000. I certified through Tele-Serve today, will I recieve payment as I usually did on this Wednesday June 23, 2010??! Please Help I'M FREAKING OUT. I was told that I wouldn't because the extention was not approved but shouldn't I still get paid until my balance is zero???

Old 08-06-2010, 05:35 PM

81 posts, read 285,371 times
Default How many weeks available for illinois

Can someone tell me the maximum weeks available for Illinois. It certainly meets the criteria for high extended benefits. Thanks,
JANDJANDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by algirl1979 View Post
well my checks were finally process today and was forwarded to my account today from the 03,10,17,24,31 thank god because i was about to be homeless

Old 08-06-2010, 07:29 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,522,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANDJANDS View Post
I got a hold of the Kankakee office before they approved the extension recently. They told me to keep certifying every two weeks and it would be accepted. This was to make sure when the bill was approved that
I got the back compensation. Have you received any back money yet?

Do you know how many emergency unemployment benefit weeks are in there for us. I am at the end of tier 4 and freaking out.

Thanks,
JANDJANDS

the tier 5 that was recently passed was NOT an extension of UE
benefits, it was an extension for people to file for the extensions
that were eligible.

If your time is up, then until they pass the next extension (if they do)
there won't be any more funds dispersed.

I hope that they pass something soon. Maybe someone can post an update on that for us?

Old 08-06-2010, 08:32 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,844,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANDJANDS View Post
Can someone tell me the maximum weeks available for Illinois. It certainly meets the criteria for high extended benefits. Thanks,
JANDJANDS

If Illinois meets the criteria then state EB would be 20 weeks

Old 08-06-2010, 08:40 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,497,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
the tier 5 that was recently passed was NOT an extension of UE benefits, it was an extension for people to file for the extensions that were eligible.

I hope that they pass something soon. Maybe someone can post an update on that for us?
THERE IS NO TIER 5. HR4213 extends the eligibility dates for Tiers I-IV and EB. Debbie Stabenow talking about Tier 5 but at this point it is only in the discussion stages.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:52 AM

1 posts, read 1,711 times
Default tier 1 from last year

need some input here. Lost my job in Dec 2008. In Jan 2009 l received my 26 weeks of UC. When I had exhausted it, I received another 20 weeks of EUC in July 2009. after I had taken 10 weeks out of the 20 weeks, I landed a job. Then in 2009 I worked from Sept till end of december 2009. The I lost my job again. I applied for UC and received and have exhausted my first 26 weeks UC in 2010. when I received my EUC (tier1) recently, I noticed it is the remainning 10 weeks from my previous 20 weeks EUC "balance" from previous year (2009). My question is, after I exhaust this balance, will the 20 weeks worth of EUC (Tier 1) for this year will kick in, or I am done?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment