Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 07:24 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,349,962 times

Advertisements

Ok, so last night I get my kids to bed, other stuff taken care of, bring tea and cookies to the living room, get comfy and cozy w/National Geographic for the commercials, put my blankie around me, and settle in for Law and Order SVU.......

But what to my wondering eyes should appear? Not L&O, but a new show called Momma's Boys. A twist on the Bachelor, this show has 32 women and 3 men, who are so called "momma's boys" and their mothers who are accompanying them to find a girl.

I have periodically watched miscellaneious episodes of the bachelor in the past, so a houseful of dingbats/intelligent women is not unusual. It was the mothers that sets this show apart.

We have the fun mother with the handsome son, so far all the girls are both in love with the thought of this man and this mother in law. Then there is the cutie Jewish mom who just can't stop kissing her kid, he obviously is her world and it really is adorable although embarrassing for the kid. Then there is the woman from Hell, this mother said in her intro video to the girls, and I might be forgetting some here but basically : I don't want any Black ones, no asian ones, I'm catholic so no jewish ones, none with big butts, she doesn't want a tall one, and none from divorced families, she needs to be white.

The black women seemed to be most offended by this woman, however, it seemed from the list that this lady pretty much eliminated most of the 32 women. Taking out all the non whites and the jewish, leaving only white girls, well now by the time you take out the one with the big butt, the one whose to tall, and however many come from divorced parents, well who the hell would be left, anyway? Oh, I forgot she wants one that cooks and cleans too. ROFLMAO.

This show apparently airs on Monday night for its regular time slot, thank GOD because if they got rid of SVU for this I cannot tell you how annoyed I would be.

I admit I did watch the whole show. I was already camped out and I wanted to see which girl was going to kill this potential mother in law..........didn't happen.

What is television coming to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 07:57 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
I heard about this on the radio yesterday morning so of course I felt FORCED to watch. OHMYGOSH! That mom from hell is a piece of work. I like how the girls were all in a pact to pretend they had not seen it and all and wanted to be all sugary super sweet to her just to **** her off. I even like what the one girl said about "Cara" when they were watching "the video". "If even the dumbest girl here is shocked by it.......". I guess I'd be like the nurse in the military......... I could only take so much and then I'd lose it and jump this woman. Especially when like they said, the MOTHER IS FROM IRAQ and does not even like the MAJORITY of the people that are defending HER PEOPLE! I also liked how the one girl told them she was going to go after her son just because of what she said. HEEHEHEEHEEE!!!

Oh, and don't forget that "mom from hell" said that the girl her precious son ends up with MUST do what "mom" tells her.

Anyway, I'd DIE if I had a son and even halfway acted like any of these women. I would also RUN from ANY man (using that term loosely ) were like this with his mother. URGH! I like what the one girl said....... she has cantalope sized ones and wants a MAN to be a MAN and have a pair.

Yes, I will watch next week. Gotta see "mom from hell" lose it when she sees her son in the hot tub w/ a "black girl".

Old 12-17-2008, 08:34 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
Ok, so last night I get my kids to bed, other stuff taken care of, bring tea and cookies to the living room, get comfy and cozy w/National Geographic for the commercials, put my blankie around me, and settle in for Law and Order SVU.......

But what to my wondering eyes should appear? Not L&O, but a new show called Momma's Boys. A twist on the Bachelor, this show has 32 women and 3 men, who are so called "momma's boys" and their mothers who are accompanying them to find a girl.

I have periodically watched miscellaneious episodes of the bachelor in the past, so a houseful of dingbats/intelligent women is not unusual. It was the mothers that sets this show apart.

We have the fun mother with the handsome son, so far all the girls are both in love with the thought of this man and this mother in law. Then there is the cutie Jewish mom who just can't stop kissing her kid, he obviously is her world and it really is adorable although embarrassing for the kid. Then there is the woman from Hell, this mother said in her intro video to the girls, and I might be forgetting some here but basically : I don't want any Black ones, no asian ones, I'm catholic so no jewish ones, none with big butts, she doesn't want a tall one, and none from divorced families, she needs to be white.

The black women seemed to be most offended by this woman, however, it seemed from the list that this lady pretty much eliminated most of the 32 women. Taking out all the non whites and the jewish, leaving only white girls, well now by the time you take out the one with the big butt, the one whose to tall, and however many come from divorced parents, well who the hell would be left, anyway? Oh, I forgot she wants one that cooks and cleans too. ROFLMAO.

This show apparently airs on Monday night for its regular time slot, thank GOD because if they got rid of SVU for this I cannot tell you how annoyed I would be.

I admit I did watch the whole show. I was already camped out and I wanted to see which girl was going to kill this potential mother in law..........didn't happen.

I'm thinking Christmas time is re-run time for most broadcast channel TV shows so get your SVU on USA for the next few weeks.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:18 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
I watched this by default as it came on after Biggest Loser - well what can I say? The Mother of Jojo (who the hell calls their grown son "Jojo"??) has already been described pretty well in this thread. Cara, aka the neurotic, teeth gnashing, emotionally unstable twit is calling herself an artist. She is definitely a piece of work!

I kinda like that nerdy girl who gathers the dirty glasses and dishes instead of socializing with the girls. With a few exceptions, most of them I wouldn't want to have to socialize with for more than about 5 minutes.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I kinda like that nerdy girl who gathers the dirty glasses and dishes instead of socializing with the girls. With a few exceptions, most of them I wouldn't want to have to socialize with for more than about 5 minutes.
And she is PRETTY!!!!!

Old 12-17-2008, 11:06 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
And she is PRETTY!!!!!
Exactly! And no Tupperware t*ts either - she looks like she hasn't messed with mother nature, which could hardly be said for most of the other ladies in the house. Although she could stand to gain about five pounds...I hope at least one of the three has enough sense to see what potential she has. She works in an animal shelter, doesn't she? The Penthouse Pet chick can't hold a candle to her. Funny how the bimbo who spread her legs for the camera seems to be covering up her past for the guys because she doesn't want to be "judged" - kinda late, dontcha think? Maybe girls today can see this as a lesson of what not to do if you want to have a chance at a nice relationship?

Old 12-17-2008, 11:09 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post

i stopped watching it. all i do is type on CDF.
from what you said about TV, im ready to move on how bout you.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:22 AM

1,363 posts, read 5,928,196 times
LOL-I watched this train wreck too. Just a hot mess the whole lot of them.

Old 12-23-2008, 03:02 PM

Okay, so who watched it last night? WE DID!!! Great show. LOVE IT!!! The girls and I are really getting into this one. As a mother of 2 girls I'm letting this be a HUGE learning experience for them. It is showing them what kind of boys to avoid and THEIR MOTHERS. AND, it is showing them what kind of girls to NOT become. Especially when next week the chest arrives w/ all of their past info in it. That "wholesome" girl that Lorene THINKS is "the one" for her son........ ain't so "wholesome". She is now it seems regretting doing the Penthouse spread. Well DUH! It WILL come back and bite you on the booty.

Meghan........... Did she look HOT or what when she came out to the pool. The guys..... all 3 of them were FLOORED by her looks. I was hoping she would stay After she left I was thinking in my head..... who do I know that I could set her up with. She is such a SWEETHEART and BEAUTIFUL!!! And as a friend said, "geniune".

Vita is gone. Okay, I can deal with that. At least her and Ms. B made up but still Ms. B COULD have handled the ENTIRE thing MUCH better. All she is doing is driving Jojo to the girls SHE DOESN'T LIKE! I loved when he even told her that there is not a girl out there she thinks is good enough. And her getting into the hot tub with them and then getting out and STILL YELLING at them! WOMAN, GO HOME!!! SHUT UP!!! She has got to make the entire house very uneasy.

Loved the challenge. The girls kicked butt and the boys were passing out, getting sick, losing their lunch, etc. Even Rob had to be taken to the hospital. At least he was okay. My oldest daughter even said, "girls are built for endurance and boys are built for speed". Cara won the challenge and was one of 4 given immunity. WOW!!! She was MUCH better this episode. Thank goodness.

So, who do y'all see clicking with whom?

Old 12-23-2008, 03:18 PM

631 posts, read 1,886,275 times
Haven't watched this weeks epi yet but good lord this show is a trainwreck. That Mrs. B is not a very nice person. I understand the shows producers wanting to put someone on there to add an aspect of drama and make the show more exciting but they should have found someone else. While I think most people get what they deserve when signing up for a reality show, its very unnecessary to subject the african-american girls to such an out right racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV