Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2015, 04:03 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,437,452 times

Advertisements

It annoyed me today how easily Aiden put his name on Hope's life insurance policy. It can't be done. When "Days" does this I want to tell the writers to knock it off. I worked in the insurance industry for decades and I know it takes a lot more than just hacking into a computer website to change a beneficiary's name.

First you need a password, then a code and most times a security symbol. Then there are questions you have to answer. Not all policies that can be accessed online have all these features but some have a combination. If the policyholder does change something a verification email and/or a snail mail is sent to him or her to make sure it was the person whose signature on the policy is the person who made the changes. A beneficiary's name can't usually be changed online anyway without some sort of written verification. If the policyholder dies, a death certificate must be produced.

If Aiden just went ahead with the marriage and had Hope change the policy herself, it would look a lot better. He could make himself and Ciarra co-beneficiary, kill Hope, and then just steal the money from Ciarra. No one would know because she's a minor and he could say he was looking out for her interests.

Anyone think now Aiden killed his first wife and it wasn't really Chase who did it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 04:42 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,062,587 times
never did like Aiden and never did fall for
"the kid did it" ploy.
I understand your grief over the insurance policy change.
I've spent enough time in hospitals to cringe at how inaccurately they portray medical issues. When evil person wants to kill somebody in hospital they have said evil person sticking needle as big as a nail in the MUSCLE or into the elbow pit instead of the IV and everybody (except maybe mental patients) get IV when admitted to hospital.

I sometimes feel the viewers are being insulted with stupid things like insurance policy change, people signing big business deals without notary public and witnesses, etc.

Over on Y&R they had somebody bring in a 5-6 foot tree to plant in a bag so little it would not represent a real rootball or even half a real rootball.And it would not have been gree this time of year anyway! Wish stuff like that didn't bother me so much!

Old 10-20-2015, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
never did like Aiden and never did fall for
"the kid did it" ploy.
I understand your grief over the insurance policy change.
I've spent enough time in hospitals to cringe at how inaccurately they portray medical issues. When evil person wants to kill somebody in hospital they have said evil person sticking needle as big as a nail in the MUSCLE or into the elbow pit instead of the IV and everybody (except maybe mental patients) get IV when admitted to hospital.

I sometimes feel the viewers are being insulted with stupid things like insurance policy change, people signing big business deals without notary public and witnesses, etc.

Over on Y&R they had somebody bring in a 5-6 foot tree to plant in a bag so little it would not represent a real rootball or even half a real rootball.And it would not have been gree this time of year anyway! Wish stuff like that didn't bother me so much!
It's one thing for the writers to get silly like when they bring in the supernatural or want us to believe that the characters who we thought were dead suddenly reappear for whatever goofy reasons. We're willing to go along with the fantasy. It's fun to believe the wild stories about Andre rising from the "dead" or people coming back with amnesia with different faces like they did way back when "Days" first began with Tom Jr.

But When they show us things that many us of are familiar with that the writers get so wrong, it's just sloppy and insults our intelligence. These things aren't suppose to be make-believe. Don't they do research on medical and legal issues?

Old 10-21-2015, 03:50 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I half expected Clyde to have cooperated with the cops and recorded his son's confession. He's a selfish bastard and people like that have no problem ratting on "loved ones" and friends.

I wanted him to wink at the cops outside the room and then say "Did you get all you needed?"

That would have been fun.

That was never going to happen.

I think Clyde has know that Ben is a killer for a long time.

Old 10-21-2015, 04:12 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,234,861 times
Aiden's Son sure has aged lol,,,almost taller than his Dad now?

Old 10-21-2015, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerz View Post
I guess that's what parents mean when they say about their kids, "They grow up so fast."

Regarding Clyde, I wonder if this is the last we will see of him. Looks like he got away with having EJ killed.

Old 10-21-2015, 04:23 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,275,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I guess that's what parents mean when they say about their kids, "They grow up so fast."

Regarding Clyde, I wonder if this is the last we will see of him. Looks like he got away with having EJ killed.

EJ was killed off???

I haven't watched this show in years. I know Sammie left.

Old 10-21-2015, 04:45 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,062,587 times
Quote:
OMG he grew 2 feet and aged 8 years in one week. Wonder what they will do with Ciera (sp)?

Old 10-21-2015, 05:58 PM

41,951 posts, read 75,160,115 times
Hopefully they'll get a new actress to pay Ciara that isn't such a little spoiled brat.

Old 10-21-2015, 06:07 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times
Quote:
That was nuts. I'm assuming Hope's daughter is next, since they're supposed to be around the same age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV