Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 02:03 PM

23,898 posts, read 33,650,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
The new Will and Grace is a reboot to me. The new Party of Five isn't. And it's disappointing. I was wondering around which Salinger's death the remaining Salingers (plus one) would be gathering in the reboot. But I didn't need to wonder. They're presenting a show that has apparently nothing to do with the Salingers. I'm with Roselvr.

I hope they don't do The Jetsons without the Jetsons, The Munsters without the Munsters, or Starsky and Hutch without Starsky and Hutch.
Agree Jay, Will and Grace, Fuller House. Shows using the same cast are what I'd assume a reboot is not using an old shows name to make a totally new show. Crazy. Just rename the new show. I'll stick to reality TV. At least I know what I'm getting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 02:21 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,912,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
You can certainly disagree but per the below, this fits the definition perfectly:

to produce a distinctly new version of (an established media franchise, as a film, TV show, video game, or comic book):

The studio is rebooting Spider-Man.
I'm not a Spider Man fan. Was there a version that eliminated Peter Parker as Spider Man?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Agree Jay, Will and Grace, Fuller House. Shows using the same cast are what I'd assume a reboot is not using an old shows name to make a totally new show. Crazy. Just rename the new show. I'll stick to reality TV. At least I know what I'm getting.
I don't even mind a new cast, really. But all new characters equal an all new show.

Old 01-23-2018, 03:59 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,741,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
I'm not a Spider Man fan. Was there a version that eliminated Peter Parker as Spider Man?
I don't even mind a new cast, really. But all new characters equal an all new show.
The Spiderman part was their example of the definition., not mine.

Like I said, you can disagree. Call it a "reimagining" if you want. The show will still be five siblings navigating life without their parent.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:42 AM

30,409 posts, read 52,020,888 times
It was one of my favorite shows at that time, probably because I was their exact target demographic (teenage female, white, actually from SF). But can't we leave well enough alone? Plus I agree with the others - it's not really a "reboot" with a new cast of characters. That's more like a remake, imo.

P.S. Does anyone remember the awful spin-off with JLH, called "Time of Your Life?" I watched it, of course, just because I was such a Po5 fan... but I recently streamed an episode out of curiosity, and realized just how bad it was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV