Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 04:58 PM

1 posts, read 610 times

Advertisements

I agree with the rest of the world. The change in the menu for free ON Demand has made it almost impossible to find anything .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2017, 10:55 AM

1 posts, read 567 times
I hate Verizon services. My BF pays and he likes the internet because he works from home. The guide and on demand is not user friendly I miss Comcast

Old 06-03-2017, 07:37 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,205,835 times
Oh for crying out loud. They changed it again and made it worse. Worse. It got even worse then it was when they first changed it. WTF? Is anyone actually using this now? I just wanted to binge one TV show - I am only following one show now because I can't find anything on demand but I really wanted to watch these 2 lousy shows. It took 10 minutes to find TV - I could no longer find networks - actually - I did find networks but it didn't have all the networks listed and the alphabet grid was gone. Another freaking 10 minutes of fighting through ads for movies I've no interest in - going back and forth between what they wanted to show me and I what I was trying to find. Then I had to go do a search for a show - idiots made ALL the shows alphabetical. Free - not free - this season - cancelled shows. All jumbled the hell up. I'm looking for one freaking show and I actually knew the channel it is on - which is more than I usually know when I am trying to watch TV. Well I got as far as TV shows something like H to M - I had to freaking spend another 10 minutes scrolling through 100 shows - my fingers got tired - until I finally - found the show I was looking for so I could watch the last 2 shows I missed. I was damn ready to give up. Most of the time I just shut the TV off I get so frustrated not being able to find anything. I used to use on demand - free - tv - networks - to see all the shows on various channels and try watching different shows. If I liked it - I'd catch up. Now? Forget about it. The Morons setting this guide should all be fired and the advertisers paying for these TV shows should complain because they are losing half their audience.

Old 06-03-2017, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
One other difference between what I remember from Directv and what I have now with FIOS, is that a with TV series on DTV, if it is available at all, I can get all the seasons. It seems like, with whatever is available on FIOS it might only be last season. If you are a latecomer to a series, like The Walking Dead, you can't start from the beginning.
That's because Verizon wants you to pay for it - they want you to buy the whole series. Their whole tactic is either to force you to buy it or trick you into selecting buy instead of watch.
What aggravates me the most is that they aren't even consistent. Sometimes the shows are there to watch, sometimes they aren't. Sometimes they will not show the most recent shows you just missed, then they will appear for a couple nights, then disappear and they will go from say season 3 to showing episodes from season 1 but you can't watch straight through. I'm not sure if that is verizon though - or the stupid networks - like TNT hiding episodes from the librarians on a regular basis for whatever reasons. But since they cancelled Leverage - I think TNT clearly doesn't have the brightest executives making decisions over there in the first place.
None of it matters anymore thought - since nobody can find a damn thing on demand anymore anyway - so weather they are running the shows or not - doesn't even matter.

Old 09-19-2018, 05:47 PM

Holy crap. Did anyone take a look at the NEW "EASY" Menu? Nothing but ads. Can't even find the networks to see what TV shows they have to figure if any are free on demand to catch up and view missed shows. That's all I ever used it for and now it seems to have completely and totally disappeared. I can't believe they paid a bigger dolt then the one before to "fix" this. I thought the last menu was a disgrace. This one is just worse - thought it would be impossible to do a worse menu. But they managed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV