Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2009, 10:19 AM

1,848 posts, read 4,700,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post
I agereewith DC---I don't put much store in tabloids---since when have they been truthful??? Never!
Nah, where there is smoke there is fire...

Some of the tabloids are trash, others get on a trail and sniff their way to the bottom...

Old 06-01-2009, 12:19 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,146,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
Would you please calm down with all the !!!!!!!!! ?

anyone can see that Jon is suffering. He does not look happy at all. LOL @ your comment regarding his sports car and Kate taking the kids out. HELLO, anybody home, she's traveling most of the time with her body guards, having a great time. Please.
and you know this how---am calm --just emphatic-----why don't you try to get in touch with him so you can join his list of female comforters----what would you do if your sig other dated publicly---before the divorce?

sigh---for every loser guy--there is someone who thinks the right woman can fix him

Old 06-01-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
You're bordering on personal attacks here.

again it could only be personal if i attacked someone's character not perceived intention----would you have preferred the old people in glass houses quote---the message is unless you (generic) have the perfect home and marriage---stop the personal attacks on the character of kate-----not the behaviors---

i have no idea who the people on this thread are--why the writer could even be jon's mother,female friends or his trained monkey

Old 06-01-2009, 12:29 PM

all i can say to all of the hate kate threads are sigh!!!

there must be a lot of perfect people on this forum leading perfect lives--with perfect families and devoid of jealousy

Old 06-01-2009, 12:39 PM

4,262 posts, read 9,319,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post

there must be a lot of perfect people on this forum leading perfect lives--with perfect families and devoid of jealousy

Just curious as to why you think the people on here slam Kate because they are jealous? I would think it is because you don't normally see someone disrespect their mate like she does. She even admitted she treats him bad on their season premiere last week and that she had regrets. Did that give Jon the right to cheat on her (if he even cheated)? No it didn't, but the perception that alot of people have is that the fame has gone to her head making her less than a nice person so they will have more negative to say about her than him. I don't hate Kate I just think she is not the same person she was a couple of seasons ago.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:55 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,224,531 times
let me just say.....punctuation is helpful

and............just because we watch the show and comment on our perception of Kate or Jon does not make us haters of either.

Why do you care what anyone else post?
I think you take this all to a personal level and I have no idea why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post

Old 06-01-2009, 03:15 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,550,043 times
I agree I was slammed on the other thread. This thread has been going for a long time. People make their thoughts about either from watching them. I don't feel sorry for them because they decided to be on this show and let the world see them. Can't have your cake and eat it to. I have read things for or against them both. But sorry I don't respect cheating if that was the case on either side but I watched this show and I do not respect Kate for how she talks to her husband on national TV. At first you ciuld get by all that because the kids were small and they in many ways more fun to watch. After awhile it just got old. Then last year with this kick on look what we have. That's fine but they have that because they lived in a time that allowed then to have children at all with help. So the blessing they have they are also making money off. The fact they market the family and this show is who they are is really concerning. The other fact that Jon himself leaned towards getting off the show. Has Kate said that at all. Does anyone thing this show under what is going on now good for the kids. As I have read not just me think that Kate can't face loosing the show, money and perks and just being a Mother again who isn't in front of the camera. TLC has stated that they show will go on as long as the family wants to do it. Who in this family wants to do this show... Kate and as a Mom she doesn't seem to get why this could hurt these kids.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:26 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,639,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
Just curious as to why you think the people on here slam Kate because they are jealous? I would think it is because you don't normally see someone disrespect their mate like she does. She even admitted she treats him bad on their season premiere last week and that she had regrets.
It's a double-standard world. If he treated her the same way that she treats him...women across the country would be accusing him of spousal abuse.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:42 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Anyone going to watch tomorrow night? I feel like I shouldn't, but it is like a train wreck - hard to look away.
Why? So you can see another infomercial disguised as a tv show? Seems Kate is heading to California...there will no doubt be some subtle airline advertisement, a nice hotel advertisement and probably a restaurant or two who wants the publicity as well. So we can watch Kate pretend to be super mom while ditching her kids to go and speak about what a good mom she is? She said her kids called her by the babysitter's name! I worked full time (often way more than 40 hours per week) for the first 5 years of my daughter's life. Know how many times she called me by any other name than mommy? Zip, Zero, Nada. Yet, Kate continues to go out and make money pretending that she has some secret to child rearing or that she is somehow special for doing nothing more than having a litter of children at once.

And if the stuff with Kate won't be enough for you tomorrow night, you'll get to see Jon pretend he's oh-so-busy "working" and driving around in his new sports car while pretending he hasn't been affected by this fame thing and he's the same loving dad as always. Of course, he can't be bothered to do much more than show up to his 6 kid's 5th birthday party, but who could possibly think he's starting to drift away and pursue other interests, all while benefiting from the free gifts?

You don't even have to watch more than last week's episode to know that this family is heading towards heartbreak and that both parents are driving the train towards a cliff.

I watched the show for years and after last week's episode, felt like taking a shower afterwards. Surely there must be something else for you to watch. If you really feel like a ridiculous reality show, "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here" is on. At least the show knows it's ridiculous and doesn't try and portray these so-called celebrities as anything more. TLC is doing nothing more than manipulating and free advertising. Might as watch QVC for 1/2 hour.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:01 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,352,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMD67 View Post
Our local paper ran a story yesterday about Jon & Kate.(I live in the same township as they do in PA). Never watched the show so I can't form any opinion at all,except for what I know goes on around here. (such as stores having to ask public paying customers to leave because "she" is on her way!)...
The paper basically stated that when Kate was pregnant,it was our newspaper that was contacted first,our newspaper that asked the community for help when the babies were born (for things such as cribs,diapers,food,etc...). The community apparently helped-alot.
It now seems that they have tried to get interviews with them,so that a factual story could be told and Kate will not speak with them, apparently not "big town" enough for them as they have moved on to bigger and better news outlets.
The reporter basically said that our paper will not be reporting about their doomed marriage or Kate's luxury items,vacays,etc... but yet they will wait for when Kate & Jon are ready to tell their story (if they ever decide to) to the community who helped them to begin with...
It was interesting I think.
Obviously it comes across as "the community was once good enough for them,especially in a time of need" but now they have their fame & fortune (well money wise that is...) the community no longer matters to them.

good post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.