Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2009, 03:17 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,545,603 times

Advertisements

Well where is Dr. Phil he seems top butt in on all issues and always out of the good of the people. I would say to people stop watching this show. I tell you if I lived anywhere near wherever TLC was I would put together a protest I would. I really feel strongly that these children are going to be hurt more from this. If people don't watch , continue to bomb TLC with complaints than maybe this show will go off. I believe it was people like you and I who watched this show to start with that made it a success. May be you watched because of the kids or that you couldn't believe how Kate treated everyone. But if they need to continue call it Jon and Kate and remove the kids from the camera. I don't even watch it anymore but it is all over the news. The issue with these people and I 'm saying Kate because she seem to be the one who thrives in the limelight is that she doesn't get it. America needs to slap her into this week. Look at the Rohloffs. When Matt had that drunk driving thing he wasn't on every magazine. There show did deal with the issue and I did see him on i think Larry King once. They were smart don't throw your family into the fire when you don't need to.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:46 PM

16,074 posts, read 28,645,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Michigan - I agree. She isn't anything special. She has endorsements now because she is on TV, and is a real mom. When the show goes, so will all of that stuff, unless she gets her own talk show, or something, no one will care.

Kate Gosselin couldn't do her own talk show, it wouldn't all be about her then.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:46 PM

206 posts, read 616,717 times
you people need to get a life leave the family alone so they can work it out

so jon went out to get away with things so what i dont know anyone that leave to have a drink with a friend( theres no proff he cheated)

there making money to suport the kids may not be they way we want it but its not are life its theres.

what pissed me of is how jody and her brother are bashing them on every show they can find did you know there going to write a tell all book to make money on there family thats SICK,,,,,

SO IF WE CAN ALL STAND BACK AND CHILL THEY CAN RAISE THERE KIDS GET THERE MARRIERD TO WORK AND WE ALL CAN GET ON WITH ARE LIVES

Last edited by LADY_DI; 05-27-2009 at 03:48 PM.. Reason: FORGOT TO ADD SOMETHING

Old 05-27-2009, 03:58 PM

16,074 posts, read 28,645,036 times
Yeah, I agree to a certain point. This women alleinated everyone. If Kate Gosselin did to me what I saw her do on several episodes to Jody, I think I'd write a tell all book too, I hope she makes plenty of money from the book as well. These were the people that were her support system. Now her family is, of course, TLC. Have fun alone Kate!!!

Old 05-27-2009, 04:22 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,278,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
So I made my husband watch the episode last night and got to see it for the 2nd time. For those of us who have watched this show for a while, here are some things I noticed that really bother me:

1. Remember when they went to California and were hiking through the woods collecting pinecones? Jon was talking to the camera crew and Kate turned around and lectured him on being "natural" and not acknowledging the camera. At the kids' 5th birthday party, they were constantly playing with the cameras, from spraying silly string on it to putting candy wrappers on the lens. I didn't have a problem when the kids were playing with the cameras (that's what kids do) but it does bother me that Kate is now making the show seem like a home movie.
I don't remember that.
2. The birthday party recap that they showed (complete with sweet music and clips from when the kids were really little) reminded me how much more fun it is to have a birthday party with true friends and family (remember Nana Janet getting on the donkey?!). The kids 5th birthday was filled with the new J&K PR team, crew, and total strangers to the family who were there with their kids from school. If you looked in the background, the parents were clustered together talking (since they obviously knew each other from school) while Kate ran around overcompensating and pretending to have a much better time than she was having.
I agree. It looked forced. I know it was different with school kids instead of adult friends, but it was a very different vibe than parties past.
3. Remember when Jon (during an interview) mentioned that something had happened during a particular season and Kate jumped all over him and said that they shouldn't look at their life as "Seasons"? She said they just live their lives and let TLC edit it for the show. She was mad at Jon for looking back at their "precious" memories as Season 1 or 2. Well, at the birthday party, right before they started singing "Happy Birthday", she told the onlookers that if they watched past seasons, they would know that they always sing to each individual kid. Seems it's only Jon that can't mention their show or a particular "season."
I do remember that.
4. Did anyone see that Kate changed outfits twice during the party? I know this is being way too nitpicky, but it still bothers me that it wasn't long ago when Jon had to take Kate shopping because she declared herself totally clueless when it came to clothes. Now, she is sporting clothes chosen by her "personal shopper" complete with outfit changes for a kids birthday party! I am not advocating "mom jeans" and a ponytail, but the rest of us manage to not go out in the world looking like total idiots without having a personal shopper. I don't know anyone who would change outfits at a party unless they had a glass of juice spill on them or fell into the cake.
I noticed she put a coat on but not that she changed outfits. I did notice that she wears totally impractical shoes for an on the go mom, and I do think it is a huge change from the Kate of 1 year ago who was "clueless" about fashion. I can't relate to her as much now because she does seem so fixated on her clothes, hair, nails, tan, and completely different than she was before.What mom of 8 has time for all that stuff???
5. Finally, the final interview with them on the couch when Kate began by saying something like "I am here for the kids. Every second when I am not working (or on tour) I am home. I am 100% for the kids" which then required Jon to say half-heartedly that he is there for the kids too. That really bothered me because it felt like they are having a "who loves the kids more" competition when they should be focusing on "how can we improve our family situation so that in fact, it really IS what's best for the kids?" Jon needs to get his butt home (whatever he was doing before the party was not as important as celebrating his own children's big day). Leah said she missed him and didn't want him to go away (to which he mumbled something like, "Daddy was at work"). Kate needs to stop acting like the kids are a priority when she is off on book tours, television interviews, clothes shopping, etc and when all of THAT is done, she spends time with the kids.
Yes, a question re their marriage was answered with "I'm here for the kids" from both of them. They didn't address the question, and I'm sick of hearing how "for the kids" they are. I'm guessing Jon had many days and nights w/o Kate lately, taking care of the kids. They probably take turns, and it was her turn. If they can't stand to be around each other, and don't even live together anymore, why would he have been there to help plan the party? Very sad when Alexis (?) said she wanted him to come home. His answer about working was lame. What kind of "work" was he doing away from the house? Just because Kate works and that requires travel doesn't mean she doesn't care about the kids. As I said earlier, if she's home most of the time all year long, I don't think traveling on and off for a couple months is the end of the world, especially when Jon is there at home with the kids. A lot of man travel for work every week or every other week. I don't think this is any different.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:57 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,546,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Yes, a question re their marriage was answered with "I'm here for the kids" from both of them. They didn't address the question, and I'm sick of hearing how "for the kids" they are. I'm guessing Jon had many days and nights w/o Kate lately, taking care of the kids. They probably take turns, and it was her turn. If they can't stand to be around each other, and don't even live together anymore, why would he have been there to help plan the party? Very sad when Alexis (?) said she wanted him to come home. His answer about working was lame. What kind of "work" was he doing away from the house? Just because Kate works and that requires travel doesn't mean she doesn't care about the kids. As I said earlier, if she's home most of the time all year long, I don't think traveling on and off for a couple months is the end of the world, especially when Jon is there at home with the kids. A lot of man travel for work every week or every other week. I don't think this is any different.
rkb0305--

You referenced the conversation between Jon and Alexis--I think he was close to tears and just tried to give an explanation for his absence that would make sense to a child.

It seemed they were both under tremendous stress and yet 'The Show Must Go On'.

Kate's high expectations and biting sarcasm would have crushed me a long time ago and I have to wonder if all the cleaning, cooking and parenting was a huge factor--as well as Jon's more laid back approach.

She has redefined herself as many women do when the kids become more independent. That may be one of their 'big issues'--far be it from me to try to guess.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:45 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,833,874 times
They should have limited the show to a couple of specials per year. Of course, Jon would have to work and they couldn't afford that gorgeous house!

Old 05-27-2009, 07:08 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,346,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LADY_DI View Post
you people need to get a life leave the family alone so they can work it out

so jon went out to get away with things so what i dont know anyone that leave to have a drink with a friend( theres no proff he cheated)

there making money to suport the kids may not be they way we want it but its not are life its theres.

what pissed me of is how jody and her brother are bashing them on every show they can find did you know there going to write a tell all book to make money on there family thats SICK,,,,,

SO IF WE CAN ALL STAND BACK AND CHILL THEY CAN RAISE THERE KIDS GET THERE MARRIERD TO WORK AND WE ALL CAN GET ON WITH ARE LIVES

Leave them alone so they can work on their marriage? I really don't think the discussion here is preventing them from working on their marriage.

there = place or placement
their = ownership
they're = a contraction of "they" and "are".

Old 05-27-2009, 07:14 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,362,274 times
Default OMG! Jon and Kate make 50-75k PER EPISODE?

What a waste!! They are both wacky. I think Jon should leave her. She is a nag. He deserves better. She is soo condescending to him and treats him like one of the kids!

I think with this economy they need to go on their merry way. I hope the show is cancelled soon. I cannot take these two anymore.

SHAME ON BOTH OF THEM. Money hungry nuts who are soo unhappy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-27-2009, 07:16 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,581,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
Well two things make me sad. One thing crossed my mind that they and the show are setting this looks like a break up to later in the season have them come together again as a couple and try and work things out for the kids. I also find it very sad and i didn't watch that that many and I think I heard a million or more people turned into this show Monday, I find that very sad as to what that says about people.. This isn't tune in to see who shot JR. or Rachel on friends having her baby. Theses are real people. Those are real children that people turned in to watch their family fall apart for their own entertainment or curiosity. I agree with the Brother and sister in law who I heard was on a morning show and said these kids are being exploited and they should be laws passed to protect children from reality shows. There are laws to protect children who act there should be something to protect these children who in many cases need protection from their own parents
J&K+8 is reality TV's version of The Truman Show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV