Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2017, 08:10 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,735,121 times

Advertisements

It wasnt my favorite episode but I didnt hate it either. It was kind of a necessary evil to have her deal with "losing" Mon-El (never liked him anyway). Now that she has sorted that part out and Alex has sorted out her wedding drama it should get a little more back to normal.

BTW I dont know if anyone caught it but in her first scene Katie McGrath (Lena) didnt even try to hide her Irish accent. As the episode went on she started getting the American back but her accent kept leaking out here and there. I just thought it was cool and wish they could have figured out a storyline that would let her just use her natural accent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 06:37 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,416,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Stopped watching this in the middle of last season because I do not like the whole lesbian romance drama nonsense, but watched last nights season premier. More of the stupid romance drama. Melissa Benoist is just adorable though.
Yeah.

Olsen-Lane romance ok.
Kara-Jimmy romance ok.
Kara-MonEl romance ok.
Weird Martian tension romance ok.
Cat after Clark's butt ok.

But heaven forbid there be a *lesbian* thing.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:46 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,608,743 times
I'm betting Olsen and Lena start something and I don't believe the wedding will take place because Maggie (?) wants kids and the other one doesn't.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:03 PM

33,296 posts, read 26,501,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I'm betting Olsen and Lena start something and I don't believe the wedding will take place because Maggie (?) wants kids and the other one doesn't.
Actually, it was Alex who brought up the idea of children and Maggie who wasn't to keen on the idea. James and Lena getting involved in a relationship is possible. That idea hadn't occurred to me.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:23 AM

12,527 posts, read 17,561,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yeah.

Olsen-Lane romance ok.
Kara-Jimmy romance ok.
Kara-MonEl romance ok.
Weird Martian tension romance ok.
Cat after Clark's butt ok.

But heaven forbid there be a *lesbian* thing.

7 reasons why the show is starting to lose me. I don't care if Olsen and the Martian get it on, just keep the romances, any romances, to a minimum. Or here's a strange concept, have two people be happy being together.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:41 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,416,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
7 reasons why the show is starting to lose me. I don't care if Olsen and the Martian get it on, just keep the romances, any romances, to a minimum. Or here's a strange concept, have two people be happy being together.
After reading this thread, I started watching more with an eye on how much time of each episode is devoted to the romantic stuff (bc I am just now watching Season 2). With the exception of the Kara and MonEl thing (which literally got an entire episode), it is often less than 2 minutes per episode.

Big whoop.

I like that they have relationships, bc people are people and it fleshes out the characters more.
They also have the type of career (and personalities) that are not exactly conducive to easy-going, peaceful relationships, romantic or otherwise.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Actually, it was Alex who brought up the idea of children and Maggie who wasn't to keen on the idea. James and Lena getting involved in a relationship is possible. That idea hadn't occurred to me.
Yeah, that is who I meant. I couldn't remember their names. Thanks. I could be wrong about the James and Lena thing but I just have that feeling.

Old 11-05-2017, 05:54 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,284,547 times
We’re done with this show. We were barely hanging on with all the 90210 drama but it has become way too political.

I don’t want right or left wing politics in my face all the time. I understand that most shows have some, but this one is over the top. The last straw was the border wall comment and all Mexicans are rapists and murderers (something like that).

We’ll watch the crossovers but that’s it.

Old 11-06-2017, 03:37 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,717,117 times
Didn't bother me. Television shows have been lenses through which society has been brought to see and subsequently confront social ills for as long as most of us have been alive.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post

Told ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
We’re done with this show. We were barely hanging on with all the 90210 drama but it has become way too political.

I don’t want right or left wing politics in my face all the time. I understand that most shows have some, but this one is over the top. The last straw was the border wall comment and all Mexicans are rapists and murderers (something like that).

We’ll watch the crossovers but that’s it.
Lol...the show has always been political with a left bent. More so when Cat Grant was on. Did you guys hear the crowd yelling "Lock Her Up"? Wonder where did they get that from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV