Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 06:04 AM

4,829 posts, read 8,781,753 times

Advertisements

I've started watching The Rachel Zoe Project this season and find that I really like the show and I like Rachel Zoe. Now I wish I had been watching it all along.

This morning, they showed 2 episodes of Fashion Hunters --- I hope this means the show is coming back!

WWHL is fun. I like Andy and love that he has guest bartenders. Last night was Sharon Needles. LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 09:45 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,909,857 times
Kim Zolciak's show...she is utter trash. I suspect if her show did well in the ratings, they'd make more programming like that.

Top Chef. I like it, but not some of the changes to the show recently. I wish they'd do away with last chance kitchen, seems rigged.

I like Rachel Zoe now, she seems a bit more human now that she has a kid.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:45 AM

6,903 posts, read 7,707,640 times
When I re-subscribed to DirecTV they read a survey which asked which channels I watch most.

I realized after saying "Ummmm - Bravo" how embarassing that was.

So then I said PBS and AMC.

Which wasn't really true - I actually watch E and Bravo more than anything else.

Don't you all like Brad of "It's a Brad Brad . . . World?" He seems sweet, and his relationship with his "husband" seems healthy and nice.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:29 PM

I like Brad; he definitely seems like a nice guy. Why is his show only 1/2 hour?

Old 04-24-2013, 02:54 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,265,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
Kim Zolciak's show...she is utter trash. I suspect if her show did well in the ratings, they'd make more programming like that.

I was stunned to hear she got her own show, after she and her hubby yelled at the crew and walked off from being filmed on the Atl housewives. I have no clue why anyone would watch her, her face is whats shown under the definition of trashy.

I like the Medicine and Shrink shows. I love Greg the shrink, he is so human and open. The medicine wives are just a train wreck, but thats why I like that one. lol I dont know what channel it is, but heard they have a new show called " Pregnant and Dating", now thats about as silly as they come. Who'd care?

Old 04-24-2013, 05:02 PM

OMG.... Just saw a Bravo commercial for what they're calling a "documentary" about the first year of married life for 3 couples. A "documentary"?? Reallly, Andy????

Andy Cohen, love you dear. HOWEVER, a "documentary" is something that presents facts and information without editorializing (and we all know how Bravo LOVES to edit!) and is meant to be educational. Also, a typical documentary has a narrator.

I guess they're trying to find a new word for "reality show" since everyone has finally realized (15 years later) that there is no such thing as a "reality show".

Old 04-24-2013, 05:10 PM

42,160 posts, read 75,886,517 times
I haven't had any use for Bravo for at least 10 years, other than the reruns of The West Wing. I loved its performing arts programming. Now that that's over, Bravo doesn't even figure into my radar; just another voyeuristic "reality" channel.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:34 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,636,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
Why don't they go back to what they used to show? Artsy stuff. Keep Top Chef and Actor's Studio. More movies and musical programming would be cool as well as stand up comedy specials.

The Housewives have run thier course, IMO

This - but do they still do Actor's Studio? Or is that on Bio? I used to enjoy it but haven't seen it lately. I enjoy Top Chef (especially last season which included much less drama). I used to watch the Housewives from time to time but lately - geez, how much televised well-dressed women screaming at each other about nonsense can a person listen to? I reached my saturation point on that quite awhile ago. The shark has jumped on those.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:00 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,540,357 times
Back when the first housewives show began on network tv and was a big hit, it wasn't long before Bravo latched on to the concept and came up wit the OC housewives. I'd not expected to watch it, but, got sucked in one weekend when a marathon ran. Vicki really did resemble Miss Piggy. It has to have been noticed by those who chose her for the show. To think it has all ended up with the doctor's wives is amazing. It has to be the worst show they've come up with. I tried to watch an episode, but, couldn't really get interested. I surprised myself by ending up liking "Shahs of Sunset." Not sure if it's indicative of my viewing habits sinking lower and lower. I know there was a time, I wouldn't even know what was on Bravo, E or any other along that line.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:01 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,303,640 times
Yep Andy is grasping for some show to take them to the top again but all the housewives shows are stupid screaming women showing no class. That was the original draw to RHOC to see how the rich lived, now they are all a bunch of back stabbing, screamin,g pretend to be rich dummies.

When Andy was doing the reunion show for Vanderpump Rules and he focused in on the sex lives of these 20 somethings. He really over stepped the bounds when he got so personal with one couple I'm sure they didn't know what would happen if they didn't answer their boss. Saw an ugly side of Andy changed my opinion of him right then he'd do anything for shock & ratings.

I love Top Chef all cooking actually but last chance kitchen is ruining that show and the way they did the final between the 2 chefs was wrong too.

I'm not a fashion person so I don't watch any of those.

The new shows with doctors not tuning in.

The spin-offs of housewives I've tuned in to get the flavor but don't like Kandi's, Kim's is disgusting with her foul mouth constantly. I wonder if she realized just how uneducated using it makes her look? The wedding one was a big bore.

I use to like Andy but after the Vanderpump reunion I see him differently now some what childish on WWHL he wants to act like a frat boy with real grown up guests. So I barely even tune into it now usually watch who is on then decide if I'll watch it.

With failed RH of Miami, DC & Dallas (didn't quite make it to airing did it?)he knows that shark really jumped the tank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV