Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2013, 10:15 PM

50,443 posts, read 64,273,051 times

Advertisements

OK, I must admit to a new guilty pleasure. If you don't know, it's about two southern women who own a lingerie shop. Most of their business involves designing and fitting bras. Those women are entertaining, and the show is pretty funny.
It's on lifetime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 10:45 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,829,205 times
I like the "realness" of how people show up with very unique qualities, are shown as very distressed or even close to tears and walk out as satisfied customers minutes later. Like the body builder, the worlds bustiest woman, the woman with very lopsided boobs, etc. But yeah it can be entertaining though. Don't think they can keep it up for the long run though.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:22 PM

50,443 posts, read 64,273,051 times
I know, like we've all seen some women with enormous boobs, which must be painful, but they can and do service them and help them find a foundation garment that makes them more comfortable.
The show definitely walks a fine line between sensationalism and sometimes crosses the line a bit, but so far it's not offending me.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:37 PM

7,121 posts, read 5,240,922 times
I wish I could go there! I'm one of those who would challenge them. The curse came when I was 10 years old, and I've hated every day of it. Just to have something that would fit and be comfortable would be a dream come true. I imagine it would be expensive, as anything I get by mail has been at least $50, which is frustrating when I know it won't fit well or last very long.

My dream is to have reduction surgery again, as I did when I was 19. Sadly, it didn't last long, only a couple of years, due to one of the medical problems I have.

I've seen only a few episodes, but their cheerfulness is infectious. And, I feel less bad about these appendages just knowing the dissociation some other women seem to have. Sometimes I feel like Annie Potts in that "Designing Women" episode: "Aliens have landed on my chest!"

Considering how intimate the fitting has to be, I like how they use humor to make the women feel less-embarrassed. I know from talking to other "endowed" women that we often feel ashamed of our bodies though it's not our fault we were cursed in that way. Believe me, it IS a curse: neck vertebrae that won't stay in place, aching neck and back, painful shoulders that often are scarred and have permanent deep dents in them, numb arms and hands, clumsiness of movement when one has to bend over or move around, etc. My younger sister said that she never envied me and always hoped that she wouldn't develop the same problem though she did by the time she was in her 30s.

At the IMDb forum, guys were complaining because they envisioned "hot" women being fitted. Hey, guys! This is a program that will help many ladies feel a little bit better about themselves and not feel like freaks. Some dream of high-fashion wardrobes. Many of us just want a bra that fits and helps keep everything under control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV