Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 08:48 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,672,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Hassleback was an amateur. Her claim to fame was she was a contestant on Survivor way back when. She was dating Matt Hassleback, the QB for some college here in Mass. (BC? maybe?) She was a store clerk in a store in Cambridge when she was on Survivor. She and Matt get married, next thing I hear is she's on The View! I've never understood how she got that gig.
Yes, you are exactly right. She was an amatuer and sounded like it--unlike some people who have natural talents. I still dont think she has improved much, and I dont know how in the world she got that gig either.

Somewhere, there is a real talented woman that could have voiced that opinion wondering how-in-the-h%&l she didnt get that gig...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 08:53 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,672,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Hassleback was an amateur. Her claim to fame was she was a contestant on Survivor way back when. She was dating Matt Hassleback, the QB for some college here in Mass. (BC? maybe?) She was a store clerk in a store in Cambridge when she was on Survivor. She and Matt get married, next thing I hear is she's on The View! I've never understood how she got that gig.
Actually, she isnt married to Matt. She is married to Tim, the horrible QB of the two (Matt is playing for the Titans this season; Tim is on ESPN).

Old 10-14-2011, 06:37 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,820,984 times
At the beginning of reading this thread I was going to comment on how loud, abrasive Rosie is and that I would never watch her show. After the mention of Elizabeth Hasselback, I finally thought of someone who would make me like Rosie. The enemy of my enemy -

Old 10-14-2011, 07:49 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,249,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Actually, she isnt married to Matt. She is married to Tim, the horrible QB of the two (Matt is playing for the Titans this season; Tim is on ESPN).

Sorry, got the names confused. I could have sworn it was Matt she had married. Anywho, TY for setting me straight and your comments about some poor woman who was really qualified.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:27 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,557,075 times
And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...Maybe someone should start an Elisabeth Hasslebeck thread!

Old 10-14-2011, 09:53 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,577,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
She was as sharp as she was authentic, as forthright as she was funny. During six seasons of NBC's The Rosie O'Donnell Show, she not only won 11 Emmys—she knew how to use her screen time to truly connect.

Indeed.
I'm sorry but Rosie has always seemed unbalanced and superficially "nice". There is no way that a "nice" person would also be able to pick random fights with random celebrities as she does. To me, she has always come across as uncomfortable with authentic herself. I personally believe that it is because she has never fully embraced who she is that she keeps dating and marrying the "Anne Heche's" (ie gay for pay) of the world.

Rosie Admits Partner Kelli 'Moved Out Two Years Ago' - Breakups, Rosie O'Donnell : People.com

Old 10-14-2011, 09:57 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,557,075 times
What random fights with random celebrities are you talking about?

Old 10-14-2011, 10:01 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,606,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I saw it last night with Roseanne, I love her to death, while I like Rosie also, I didn't see anything so Earth shatteringly different about this talk show, to me is was just another talk show..............................yawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
Tonight's show was much, much better. The guests were Wanda Sykes and Gloria Estefan. Audience Qs were fun and the audience game was fun ($500 Toys R Us gift card to each contestant).
I tune in that night Wanda Syke was on. Wanda is hilarious and it was fun to watch two lesbian comedians have fun talk about life but Wanda funny bits where nothing new it the same comedy comments she made at her last stand up in Washington.

Rosie I havent heard her do comedy in ages maybe she doesnt have in her anymore.

Her show I agree its just another talk show the same with Anderson I only watch it once too noting new nothing enticing.

Phil Donahue needs to come back.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:16 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,577,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
What random fights with random celebrities are you talking about?
Rosie has started (or been involved in) more than her fair share of feuds and slams...

Donald Trump
Star Jones
Piers Morgan
Barbara Walters
Tom Selleck
Elizabeth Hasselback
Ashley Fink (from Glee)
Oprah (although it was a one sided Rosie instigated feud)
Jay Leno
Cindy Adams
Kim Kardashian
Larry King
Nigel Lythgoe (American Idol producer)

Old 10-14-2011, 10:28 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,606,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Rosie has started (or been involved in) more than her fair share of feuds and slams...

Donald Trump
Star Jones
Piers Morgan
Barbara Walters
Tom Selleck
Elizabeth Hasselback
Ashley Fink (from Glee)
Oprah (although it was a one sided Rosie instigated feud)
Jay Leno
Cindy Adams
Kim Kardashian
Larry King
Nigel Lythgoe (American Idol producer)
That would make me watch her show if she would invite guests to create good debates with. I like her on View just for that. She was awesome standing up for whatever position.
Now on View when they get rev up on something you cant understand what they are saying because they are talking over each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV