Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 08:08 PM

7,405 posts, read 5,519,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I am not happy that Oprah has chosen to subject the world to annoying Rosie O' Donnell just when she had started to completely drift into oblivion.
Ditto this! Could never stand Rosie O'Donnell!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 08:33 PM

18,247 posts, read 22,591,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
Ditto this! Could never stand Rosie O'Donnell!
I am actuallty quite surprised that Oprah decided to go out on a limb to give Rosie a show considering that....

1) Rosie went on someone's show (Howard Stern's I think?) and perpetuated the rumor about Oprah and Gayle being gay a few years ago

2) Rosie has a history of being unstable/unbalanced

3) Rosie has no qualms about picking fights with people/celebs in general

4) Rosie has no problem with fighting with the boss (a la Barbara Walters at The View)

5) Oprah claims that she likes to surround herself with positivity and positive people buy Rosie always comes off as an angry lesbian (unlike Ellen Degeneres, who seems like a happy lesbian)

Old 10-12-2011, 08:25 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,867,079 times
Rosie?? http://bestsmileys.com/puking/1.gif (broken link)

Old 10-12-2011, 08:36 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,412,473 times
I was never a Rosie fan but didn't mind her but she totally lost me when it came out that she had ordered her wife to stop breastfeeding because she (Rosie) was jealous.....

404 Not Found....

Old 10-12-2011, 09:48 AM

4,502 posts, read 13,496,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
I was never a Rosie fan but didn't mind her but she totally lost me when it came out that she had ordered her wife to stop breastfeeding because she (Rosie) was jealous.....

404 Not Found....

Moderator cut: see comment

Just more "fuel" for the right wing fire. Rosie may just enlighten some people, so let's make up insane rumors about her so people will think she's crazy. LOL!!!!! Too freaking hilarious! And very, very sad.

Last edited by Beretta; 10-12-2011 at 05:23 PM.. Reason: nothing personal please

Old 10-12-2011, 09:56 AM

1,615 posts, read 3,588,168 times
Is there anyone more miserable than Rosie Odonnell? Seriously she looks like it pains her to pretend to be nice. I reside on Long Island where she was raised and she was a foul mouthed terror who seemed to always be in trouble. Have fun with that.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I am actuallty quite surprised that Oprah decided to go out on a limb to give Rosie a show considering that....

1) Rosie went on someone's show (Howard Stern's I think?) and perpetuated the rumor about Oprah and Gayle being gay a few years ago

May or may not be true. I don't recall this incident. However, Oprah and Gayle are strangely close for 2 women who claim to be straight and neither are married or in a real relationship with a man (and Steadman doesn't count)

2) Rosie has a history of being unstable/unbalanced

Please, tell me what celebrity doesn't have a "history" of mental illness, depression, drug, alcohol or some other substance abuse??? Rosie had a history of depression and has discussed this on national television. She has been a catalyst for so many people to get the help they need instead of hiding her depression and pretending everything is fine. Don't believe all the crap that FOX News Channel would want you to believe. They have a huge agenda against Rosie O'Donnell and would do/say almost anything to discredit her.

3) Rosie has no qualms about picking fights with people/celebs in general

So? She can't speak her mind? Is she just supposed to sit there and smile and nod?????

4) Rosie has no problem with fighting with the boss (a la Barbara Walters at The View)

So? Barbara Walters show is called " THE VIEW" --- about different women's VIEWS on certain topics. The day of the "split screen" was a total set up by the jackhole EP Bill Geddes and Barbara Walters knew it was going to happen. Rather than be a WOMAN and stand up to BG or be a FRIEND to Rosie as she claimed to be, Barbara Walters decides she's just going to sit by, smile and nod, and let it happen.

5) Oprah claims that she likes to surround herself with positivity and positive people buy Rosie always comes off as an angry lesbian (unlike Ellen Degeneres, who seems like a happy lesbian)

I'm pretty sure you're only looking at the Rosie being portrayed on FOX News Channel or other media sources. If you knew even 1/3 of the good Rosie does or if you knew anything about her, I'm sure you would feel differently.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:07 AM

1,615 posts, read 3,588,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
Rosie?

Old 10-12-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandCitizen View Post
Is there anyone more miserable than Rosie Odonnell? Seriously she looks like it pains her to pretend to be nice. I reside on Long Island where she was raised and she was a foul mouthed terror who seemed to always be in trouble. Have fun with that.

And, of course, someone who claims to have known her just because they both grew up on Long Island. Please, tell me, how did you "know" Rosie O'Donnell? How, exactly, was she a "foul mouthed terror who seemed to always be in trouble"?

Old 10-12-2011, 10:30 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,867,079 times
This says it all:
http://orvillelloyddouglas.files.wor...pg?w=295&h=295

Just an unlikeable person. They only continue to put her on tv because she says stupid outrageous things and causes controversy....and unfortunately any publicity is good publicity when it comes to TV ratings.

Last edited by Beretta; 10-12-2011 at 05:24 PM.. Reason: copyright
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV