Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 01:42 PM

4,505 posts, read 8,913,755 times

Advertisements

I don't have cable so I don't have too many choices when I watch. However I have watched several episodes of:
CASTLE- - - I love it but it interferes with another favorite so I HuLu it.
THE GOOD GUYS- - - Great combination of comedy and Cops. Plus one of the hottest babes on TV.
BURN NOTICE- - - good plotting plus likeable characters. Great shots of Miami.
THE GOOD WIFE- - - Not bad when they don't go all mushy over social issues.
NCSI- - - still good but wearing thin. Too gruesome on Ducky's table.
Hawaii 50- - - I like plus some fantastic scenery.
NCSI San Diego (?) OK but Linda Hunt as a super spy assassin?
Blue Bloods- - - Hard to believe Tom Selleck is a Grandpa but he is surrounded by great characters and good plots so far.

I spend most of my time reading but it is nice to know that on the days when I haven't got a good book to read there might be something interesting on the Boob Tube.

GL2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 01:45 PM

[quote=Gunluvver2;16704282]
NCSI San Diego (?) OK but Linda Hunt as a super spy assassin?. . ."

Did I get the right show for the Linda Hunt character?

GL2

Old 11-18-2010, 01:47 PM

I left out MY NAME IS EARL but it has been on several years. I just started watching it recently though and it has to be one of the funniest TV shows ever. Rednecks can be entertaining.

GL2

Old 11-18-2010, 02:33 PM

4,068 posts, read 5,673,855 times
The Good Wife...well, I just want to throw up anytime those two even touch. Ew! So I avoid it most of the time.
Hawaii 5-0...it's good, I watch it.
Blue Bloods...so-so, I watch most of the time.
The others I don't like.

Old 11-18-2010, 03:00 PM

25,867 posts, read 20,814,146 times
[quote=Gunluvver2;16704325]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
NCSI San Diego (?) OK but Linda Hunt as a super spy assassin?. . ."

Did I get the right show for the Linda Hunt character?

GL2
"NCIS: Los Angeles" ? I don't watch that one often, but "NCIS" has been appointment TV for me since it started some years ago.

Same with "Burn Notice," and "Castle".
I do watch "The Good Guys" - very funny.
Couldn't get into "The Good Wife," "Blue Bloods" or "Hawaii Five-O"

The only new network show I've gotten hooked on is "Detroit 1-8-7." Terrific acting all around.

Old 11-18-2010, 03:47 PM

"The only new network show I've gotten hooked on is "Detroit 1-8-7." Terrific acting all around."
I forgot that one Tiger Lily and I agree, it is very good. The Fitch(?) character is great. The young Black partner is a good match. I don't recall ever seeing either one of them in anything before but the casting department nailed it with them.

GL2

Old 11-19-2010, 10:40 AM

I enjoy the NOVA shows on PBS. And still like Grey's Anatomy. The Event is a new one, has that mysterious kind of story. The Big Bang Theory is a good sitcom.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:15 AM

2,747 posts, read 466,189 times
Some of the new ones that I like are Blue Bloods and Chase. I tried the new Jim Belushi/Jerry O'Connell one but couldn't get into it. Don't like the one guy on Hawaii Five O so can't get into that either. Looks like some of the new ones coming on after the first of the year may be pretty good, though.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:30 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,403,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
I don't have cable so I don't have too many choices when I watch. However I have watched several episodes of:
CASTLE- - - I love it but it interferes with another favorite so I HuLu it.
THE GOOD GUYS- - - Great combination of comedy and Cops. Plus one of the hottest babes on TV.
BURN NOTICE- - - good plotting plus likeable characters. Great shots of Miami.
THE GOOD WIFE- - - Not bad when they don't go all mushy over social issues.
NCSI- - - still good but wearing thin. Too gruesome on Ducky's table.
Hawaii 50- - - I like plus some fantastic scenery.
NCSI San Diego (?) OK but Linda Hunt as a super spy assassin?
Blue Bloods- - - Hard to believe Tom Selleck is a Grandpa but he is surrounded by great characters and good plots so far.

I spend most of my time reading but it is nice to know that on the days when I haven't got a good book to read there might be something interesting on the Boob Tube.

GL2
Why are the majority of shows on TV about cops, lawyers, or doctors??? Bring back GUNSMOKE!!!!!

Old 11-19-2010, 03:24 PM

Yeah, westerns used to be popular on TV! Now, it's not. What I hate the most are reality shows. They're just too fake and nasty for me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV