Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2008, 10:18 PM

265 posts, read 904,023 times

Advertisements

The City of Broken Arrow was awarded as being in the top 10 family-friendly cities in the nation by The Family Circle magazine. The magazine looked at cost of living, housing, schools, quality of life, low crime, and whether the city was "GREEN".

This was a great honor!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 11:35 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,054,971 times
My mom just told me about this on the phone! Congrats, BA!

Here's a link: 10 Best Towns for Families: 2008: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma (http://www.parents.com/family-life/work-money-politics/buying-home/best-family-towns/?page=8 - broken link)

Old 07-11-2008, 02:29 PM

702 posts, read 2,516,517 times
That's awesome! Congrats BA!!

Old 07-11-2008, 03:50 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
It doesn't surprise me. A very, very low crime rate, good amenities, and the general atmosphere of BA make it a very attractive place. If anyone asks me what place can we move to and be assured of good schools, low crime, and a family friendly atmosphere, my default answer is BA because I know it's a safe bet.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:26 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,054,971 times
Hmmm. Since posting that link, I read the short article and, I gotta confess, I think it's misleading.

First of all, it says that 44% of Broken Arrow residents recycle. Where did they get that figure? There is no curb-side recycling in BA and I think it's a pretty safe bet that 44% of the the population does not take waste to the recycling center. Again, where did they get this figure?

Secondly, I could not help but giggle at this sentence: "Rush hour is gridlock free." I have spent far too many hours of my life crawling along the BA Expressway to take this seriously. Granted, it's nothing compared to what people experience in big cities like LA or DC, but there is definitely a back-up on many roads during rush hour & I think it's misleading to imply otherwise.

I think Broken Arrow is a great place to live, but I wish this article featured information that felt more honest.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:09 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSteel View Post
First of all, it says that 44% of Broken Arrow residents recycle. Where did they get that figure? There is no curb-side recycling in BA and I think it's a pretty safe bet that 44% of the the population does not take waste to the recycling center. Again, where did they get this figure?

My wife said the same thing. Where do they take it? The recycling center we use is the only one we know of, its compacity is not a whole lot for a city the size of BA. I would be VERY suprised if the real figure was over 25%.

Old 07-12-2008, 09:37 PM

687 posts, read 2,349,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSteel View Post
Hmmm. Since posting that link, I read the short article and, I gotta confess, I think it's misleading.

Secondly, I could not help but giggle at this sentence: "Rush hour is gridlock free." I have spent far too many hours of my life crawling along the BA Expressway to take this seriously. Granted, it's nothing compared to what people experience in big cities like LA or DC, but there is definitely a back-up on many roads during rush hour & I think it's misleading to imply otherwise.

I think Broken Arrow is a great place to live, but I wish this article featured information that felt more honest.
No kidding; these people have never driven down Aspen (145th East Ave) or Elm (161st East Ave) during rush hour. Nightmarish.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:41 PM

18 posts, read 73,516 times
I don't know if it is true or not, but it is very nice to live in BA.

It's been 15 years, but still remember great summers and my first snow storm (back in 1993 winter). I just lived for 1 year up there.

Old 07-13-2008, 12:10 AM

687 posts, read 2,349,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmendozav View Post
I don't know if it is true or not, but it is very nice to live in BA.

It's been 15 years, but still remember great summers and my first snow storm (back in 1993 winter). I just lived for 1 year up there.
A LOT changes in 15 years. BA is one of those changes. Much more like Tulsa now, they're getting a little 'big for their britches' as far as infrastructure goes. They're doing a little better job of managing it than some suburbs of Tulsa are though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa