Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 08:13 PM

111 posts, read 331,576 times

Advertisements

Are you missing your tabouli, or are you just unhappy about moving back to Tulsa?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 07:57 AM

1 posts, read 3,937 times
Default Lebanese food

The best lebanese in town IMO is Helim and Mimi's. It is on 11th, just East of Lewis. Unfortunately they are only open at lunchtime, but the hummus is to die for! and the Chicken Tawook, a garlic explosion. You should give it a try!

Old 02-27-2008, 08:31 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times
You guys need to remember where you are. This is cattle country and the home of roughnecks and oilmen and ranchers and cowboys. Restaurants served basic meat and taters and lots of it. We are getting more and more exotic restaurants with wine lists and specially "prepared" foods, but our mainstay is beef, taters and that is about it. ONe of my favorite restaurants offers fantastic steaks in a rough atmosphere, and when you ask what wines they serve, you are told "Red and White"..........If you want Chicago pizza, go to Chicago. If you want San Francisco "cusine" go to SF. If you want a good 32 ounce T bone, go to Jamil's in Tulsa.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:23 AM

689 posts, read 2,057,985 times
When I was at OSU my journalism teacher took us to Freddie's in Drumright. Imagine what two college kids from small-town Oklahoma thought of tabouli. Our teacher made up all sorts of stories about what it was. Almost 50 years later, I still love it.

I looked on the internet for Freddie's and found restaurants in Drumright, Mannford, Sapulpa and Stillwater, all owned by relatives of the original Freddie. Jamil's in Tulsa and OKC has the same kind of food. They aren't Lebanese restaurants but they serve Lebanese hors d'oeuvres - tabouli, cabbage rolls, hummus, ribs. Add a good Oklahoma steak and it's the best of both worlds.

Old 02-27-2008, 01:23 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times
I had dinner at Freddie's in Drumright a couple of months ago and in Mannford around Christmas. They are currently owned by brothers, and the one in Mannford is for sale. Jamil's in Tulsa was the original Lebanese steakhouse in the area, with Eddie's (Jamil's brother) in Tulsa being number 2. As I understand it, the Freddie in Sapulpa is not closely related to the others. I recall asking him 25 or so years ago ( I was the superintendent for Paul Messick on the job when Paul built the original building for the Freddie's in Sapulpa) if he was related to the other Freddie's and he told me it was a distant relationship. But whether it is Jamil's (who celebrates 52 years in business this year, but will be knocked down by the I-44 expansion, later this year), Eddie's on 31st Street, or any of the Freddie's, you can get a fantastic meal.

Old 02-28-2008, 04:49 AM

48 posts, read 166,487 times
I second Freddies and Jamils for your Lebanese hors d'oeuvres!

Old 02-28-2008, 08:27 PM

21 posts, read 98,323 times
You haven't looked much. Tulsa has large Greek, Lebanese, Vietnamese and Hmong communities.

Greek/Lebanese/Mediterranean
Tabouli's downtown on main
Jim's Never on Sunday on Harvard
Jamil's Steak House on 51st
Silver Flame on Sheridan
Halim and Mimi's on 11th
Helen of Troy on Lewis

Asian
Te-Kei's on Utica
Ri Le on 91st
Great Wall on Yale
Lanna Thai (two locations)
Fuji (two locations)
In the Raw (two locations)
Desi Wok on 41st
Bihn-Le on 31st
Viet Huong on 31st
Ichiban on 41st
Tsunami (two locations)

Old 03-22-2008, 01:21 PM

5 posts, read 23,657 times
The Cheesecake Factory at Woodland Hills Mall. The Cheesecake Factory has over 200 variety of different foods and desserts. Price Range $$$

Old 03-22-2008, 02:54 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,311 times
I like Bonefish grill on 71st and Garnett. A new Med. res. just opened in Bixby, Next to Savastano's, 111th and Memorial.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:56 PM

1 posts, read 3,754 times
Default Middle Eastern restaurants

Shawkats - 41st Sheridan
LaRoma Pizza - 60th & Sheridan
Middle Eastern Cafe ~ 51st and Memorial (I think)
Also Wild Oats has good Hummus etc in their deli

Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa