Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2008, 11:32 AM

3 posts, read 6,358 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend and I are planning on moving to Tucson later on this summer. We are trying to find a decent neighborhood to move to. We have been looking at places in and around Bear Canyon and Tanque Verde or over by foothills mall? We are open to any suggestions and information..We will be visiting the area at the end of May to explore the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 08:48 PM

25 posts, read 47,615 times
My family is planning on starting to move to Tuscon area starting this summer. We went driving aroound and north of Tuscon-Oro Valley, Marana. Looked beautiful. We are going to check into it more.Good luck.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:51 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,253,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfearnow View Post
My girlfriend and I are planning on moving to Tucson later on this summer. We are trying to find a decent neighborhood to move to. We have been looking at places in and around Bear Canyon and Tanque Verde or over by foothills mall? We are open to any suggestions and information..We will be visiting the area at the end of May to explore the area.
Both areas are nice enough.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:19 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,023,986 times
The best info you'll get is pretty much driving around and checking out the area. Lots of houses that looked great online, turned out to be dumps. My husband and I spent many an evening just driving around different areas and neighborhoods. Good luck to you both.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:15 AM

522 posts, read 1,570,803 times
One thing you might want to take into consideration is the position that Marana is currenty in with FEMA. They still haven't made a decision (unless they have since I last looked) about a large amount of Marana possibly being in a floodplain now. If that ends up being the case the insurance could be as high as $4800/yr I have heard.

We have been thiniking about this area but it FEMA doesn't change how they list this area we won't be looking there. Adding this to a house payment is like the taxex we are trying to get away from here in the Chicago area.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:38 AM

4 posts, read 9,261 times
Do you know where you are going to be working out here or are you going to be looking for a job when you get here?
If you have friends or relatives out here, I suggest you have them show you places to go to, like restaurants, movie theatres, malls, grocery stores, where the hospitals are, and schools if you have children, and that way you will get a better idea of the surroundings and choose a neighborhood based on what you saw. It's kind the reverse of what people usually suggest, but if you think about it... most people that fall in love with a house get immediate tunnel vision and all they can think of is the house and what it will look like when you start decorating it and living in it. The problem with this is that you forget about your commute to work, how close is a convenient store when you need something in the middle of the night, what about medical care or simply wanting to go out dining or to the movies, and then you are stuck in a nice home and hate how far or inconvenient everything is outside your home.
Anyway - if you guys are going to buy when you get here or within a year, please remember this and hopefully you'll keep my info and try to reach me and I can drive you around and see where you like it best. I am a real estate consultant here in Tucson and Sahuarita and there are many beautiful communities, some that are coveniently located to everything, and some that just have pretty houses.
As others have posted, drive around as much as you can.

Last edited by eyegothouse; 04-01-2008 at 11:47 AM.. Reason: phone info may be construed as advertisement
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson