Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Tucson News Station Do you watch?
KVOA 4 NBC 7 53.85%
KOLD 13 CBS 3 23.08%
KGUN 9 ABC 2 15.38%
KMSB 11 FOX 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 10:12 PM

686 posts, read 3,718,275 times

Advertisements

Just curious to know what Tucson TV news stations you like to watch. Also have you ever met any of the anchors or reporters from any stations.

I have interned for KWBA, and taken tours at KVOA and KGUN. Please share your experiences. Has anyone met Jennifer Waddell. is she nice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 08:05 AM

83 posts, read 476,519 times
CNN, MSNBC. Does anyone watch local news any more?

Old 12-10-2007, 08:28 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,225,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecloebl View Post
Does anyone watch local news any more?
I know I don't. As a matter of fact, I hardly watch any news. There's enough news to stress me out online (which I can't really avoid, since I'm on a computer all day) and I still receive AZ Daily Star (considering canceling it, too). I've no need for any more. If I really, really, really start missing regular, calm, non-paranoid news, I watch the English edition on Deutsche Velle.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:46 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,730,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_T View Post
Just curious to know what Tucson TV news stations you like to watch. Also have you ever met any of the anchors or reporters from any stations.

I have interned for KWBA, and taken tours at KVOA and KGUN. Please share your experiences. Has anyone met Jennifer Waddell. is she nice?
Interesting poll, Daniel

For me, it is more like the "least offensive" rather than the favorite. My pet peeve with all of the local news broadcasts concerns the Sports Anchors. In my opinion, a Sports Anchor needs to lean more towards a Jock . . . NOT a Nerd (sorry if this offends any anchors out there).

Erin Christiansen is the best "weather expert" on all the stations.

I also find the KGUN On Your Side feature very interesting at times.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Interesting poll, Daniel

For me, it is more like the "least offensive" rather than the favorite. My pet peeve with all of the local news broadcasts concerns the Sports Anchors. In my opinion, a Sports Anchor needs to lean more towards a Jock . . . NOT a Nerd (sorry if this offends any anchors out there).

Erin Christiansen is the best "weather expert" on all the stations.

I also find the KGUN On Your Side feature very interesting at times.
Are they still doing Guy's "check, doublecheck... triplecheck "? If I hear this one more time, I'm gonna scream!

Old 12-10-2007, 10:35 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,730,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Are they still doing Guy's "check, doublecheck... triplecheck "? If I hear this one more time, I'm gonna scream!
LMBO . . . not that I am aware!

Old 12-10-2007, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
LMBO . . . not that I am aware!
Or Memorial or Labor day are coming up... you're looking forward to going down to the beach... and here comes the local 'news'! The deadly road to Rocky Point! BS...

I can't believe people subject themselves to watching news... And commercials for that matter. Before you turned on the TV, chances are good you didn't worry or think of any of the crap they start freaking you out about.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:53 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,022,660 times
I don't watch the local news too often, but I gotta say, I am thoroughly enjoying the public access stations. I'm used to having Directv, but I have cable right now since I'm renting. Watching public access is like watching a train wreck... a poorly produced, cheesey, funny trainwreck. It's great!!!

Old 03-04-2010, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 5,451 times
Where is the news and coverage on the spending $900,000 to convert Golden Gate Road from a vehicle highway to a walking path and Horse Path. In these short money times this is Stupidity and if the TV NEWS does not cover this well.....................
Give us a break on this spending our money to make our lives better when we have no money to spend, really.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:48 AM

2,200 posts, read 4,427,538 times
Jeff Beamish on KVOA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: