Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 07:03 PM

37 posts, read 70,692 times

Advertisements

I did a quick search and didn't find much in the forum...who do you use? We've had Tmobile for about 7 years and loved them (when we were in NH) but now that we've moved out here they barely work. Mine is pretty much a paperweight at this point and my husbands works once in a while if he stands on one leg and sticks his left arm above his head Kidding but not by much. So am I going to have to give up my super cheap plan with Tmobile and go for Verizon? Ugggh, we need Androids...which means data plans....I wish we weren't addicted to our smartphones. Does Sprint work around here at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 07:05 PM

What about this Cricket thing? I see them all over the place out here. I'd never heard of them back East.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:27 PM

9,600 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Over the years I've tried most of the "majors" and finally settled on Sprint PCS.

Since I axed my landline a few years ago, perfect reception both inside and out is a must. So far, Sprint has never disappointed.

By the way . . . what's with this New Hampshire invasion?

! ! ! ! ! !

Cricket is ok, however, if you're not happy with T-Mobile, you probably won't be happy with Cricket.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:57 PM

444 posts, read 1,351,416 times
Sprint always worked well for me in Tucson. I had them for about three years. The only problems I had was that it went to roaming all the time when I was traveling. Basically as soon as I got out of a major city, it started roaming. I was happy with T-Mobile in Tucson, which is what we have now, but it definitely depends on where you're living.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:36 PM

190 posts, read 617,826 times
I do have Verizon (and an andriod...) and have been happy with the reception. I am not entirely happy with Verizon but... My work phone is AT&T and also gets good reception. I however have very little experience with AT&T.

I have tried Sprint and TMobile and sooner or later always run into raoming issues somewhere. But, rarely do with Verizon. But, I pay a lot more for that..

Old 06-24-2011, 11:38 PM

190 posts, read 617,826 times
As for the NH thing....I just spent last week in NH, was below 70 degrees all week and was wet. It felt horrible, the house smelled musty. I could not wait to return here....

Old 06-24-2011, 11:44 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,568,915 times
I have Verizon and like it. We got it many years ago when they had a "calling area" as we travelled to OK, KS and HI a lot from our home in CO and those states were all in the calling area. Since then, we've been through many companies, but once I moved here, I re-signed with Verizon and really am happy with it. I don't do the Android or 4G or anything, and it's basically just an auxillary phone, so all I need is a cheap, clear, reliable service and I've got that. I also have it with my OnStar. I bundle it with my landline (Qwest), Directv, and DSL.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:28 PM

Thank you all for your input! We are going to go talk to all the big ones and see who has what we want. I think a lot of our problem has to do with our phones, they are only about two years old but since technology changes so fast they seem to be pretty useless right now. I'm hoping Tmobile can make us happy again, we really have never had any problems with them and we have a great rate. We'll only be out here in the boonies for about a year, hopefully when we get to a more populated area of Tucson we won't have any reception problems at all! Thanks again, I love how helpful people in Arizona are, it's so different : )

Old 06-25-2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Over the years I've tried most of the "majors" and finally settled on Sprint PCS.

Since I axed my landline a few years ago, perfect reception both inside and out is a must. So far, Sprint has never disappointed.

By the way . . . what's with this New Hampshire invasion?

! ! ! ! ! !

Cricket is ok, however, if you're not happy with T-Mobile, you probably won't be happy with Cricket.
I don't know LOL! I think you can only take so much NH before you start to lose your mind It's way too cold, way too wet and way to expensive. It's hard to live in New England, just a lot of work, there is always something to take care of, raking, shoveling, sweeping water etc. I don't miss it there at all

Old 06-25-2011, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_ View Post
As for the NH thing....I just spent last week in NH, was below 70 degrees all week and was wet. It felt horrible, the house smelled musty. I could not wait to return here....
I feel bad when I see all of my friends Facebook updates, they are all so miserable and cold....hopefully they'll smarten up someday like we did
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson