Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 11:42 AM

402 posts, read 687,276 times

Advertisements

Tucson is a place big enough to have many things and small enough to be inviting to residents. Most of all it is friendly, has striking views and many outdoor things to do. I'll take it over Phoenix any day. and the airport has it hands down over Sky Harbor. you won't be disappointed with Tucson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 12:00 PM

17,817 posts, read 13,729,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlaw View Post
Tucson is a place big enough to have many things and small enough to be inviting to residents. Most of all it is friendly, has striking views and many outdoor things to do. I'll take it over Phoenix any day. and the airport has it hands down over Sky Harbor. you won't be disappointed with Tucson
Tucson is great. It's funny to me that it seems like detractors of (whatever city) seem to spend all thier time in the seedy part of town. If you stay north of 22nd street it is at LEAST middle class living iand north of the Rillito, west of the Santa Cruz and east of the Pantano wash is all pretty upper middle to high class living.

Tucson has a little bit of an "Austin" feel to it in it's core and they feel like they are about the same size. West Austin/Lakeway etc are about like the foothills and Oro Valley in Tucson. East Tucson more like Round Rock and Pflugerville.

Old 05-07-2011, 06:14 PM

40 posts, read 120,455 times
Tucson does seem to have more than its share of litter on the streets. Whenever I visit Phoenix I'm always impressed by how clean the streets and neighborhoods are. Another advantage with Phoenix is you will have many more flights to choose from. If you want to travel much, that's a huge plus over Tucson.

However, Tucson beats Phoenix in every other category, IMHO. Well, except for job opportunities ... sigh.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:12 PM

339 posts, read 833,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowviolette View Post
Not trying to offend anyone or sound racist by my post...I am hispanic. But i want to live in a city that realizes what side of the border its on.
Tucson does have some hispanic inflence but it's like being in any American city in the sense that you are thinking of. I've been to Miami before and when I was there it felt like I was in Puerto Rico, so I know what you mean, but if you woke up in Tucson with amnesia you would know that you are in America. But there is some Hispanic influence, but just enough to give Tucson some flavor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel84 View Post
"""I lived in Tucson for 18 months, mainly left due to the weather....but, the place also feels like 3rd world Mexico in many parts.....that was another reason I left.......go ahead and flame me....that is my impression of the place.
"""

I visited Arizona last summer and really loved the Phoenix area!!! What a nice City...

Well I did not like Tucson.... I did also not fell save and the city looked to me like a 3rd world City! I don't want to affend someone it was just my impression I got from Tucson.

I would never live there!!!![/quote]

I don't know where you were, but you must have been in the worst part of Tucson, but Tucson is a big city. Every city has it's bad not so nice looking parts of town. Where I live the scenery and nieghborhoods are beautiful. Don't judge all of Tucson just by the small area of it that you saw, Tucson is a big city with many different areas to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson